Lauren Alaina May Drop Out of 'American Idol' Finale

5/24/2011 3:29 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lauren Alaina may not get her shot to be the next "American Idol" because she has lost her voice ...spies on the set tell TMZ ... and it could be the break of a lifetime for Haley Reinhart.

Lauren Alaina Voice

We're told during the rehearsal this afternoon, Lauren -- who has been losing her voice -- was supposed to sing three songs.  She got through the first, struggled through the second and was unable to perform the third.

Our spies say a doctor on the set has ordered Lauren not to sing or speak, but there is a "real possibility" she will not be able to perform on tonight's show.

0524_lauren_vid_launchWe're told if Lauren is unable to perform, producers will reinstate the third place finisher -- Haley Reinhart who will then compete against Scotty McCreery for the title.

Producers are trying to find Haley right now.

Kayleigh

OH NO NO NO NO NO! LAUREN NEEDS TO COMPETE! I mean yeah, I like Scotty but I know I would rather listen to Lauren. I hate Haley! She should never come back again! Bring back Casey or Pia! They should have been in the finale!

barry rocap

what a farse that will be to bring back haley because lauren has lost her voice. dont tell me that they could not postpone the finale for a week till laurens voice comes back. hell no dont bring back that abnoxious stuckup haley

Jacki

I call BS too. But great way to try and revive interest in a boring final/series hahahaha

ZB

Ok...so haley is supposed to perform?...at the drop of a hat?...what Scotty has had a week to practice and work out?

I like all 3 and think all 11 top finalists deserve record contracts I truly do....but there is a lot not fair about this...I think Scotty was going to win it anyway...but having said that...I wouldn't want to win this way if I was him.

deedeedee

Just another TMZ complete falsehood.......nothing new!

pepperelf

Hey "justaguy". You have no logic. Why do you think American Idol paid for "James Durbin Day" when they were only supposed to pay for the top three? that was the first time they have ever made an exception to that! It is a fact that the numbers given for the phone votes were switched and a lot of James votes went to Lauren. At this point, the contest is down to Scotty and Lauren. If she defaults, Scotty wins.No one is going to sit by and see the rules changed and added to on the spur of the moment about the finale.

music lover

This is all scripted. Don't believe any of it!

Joe

This is Bogus, Haley already had her chance. If they allow her back, there's a fix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Linda Helms

Don't bring Haley back, she is a cry baby...and thinks it's all about Haley.

Scotty "George W" McCreery

Hilarious pictures of Scotty McCreery comparing him to George W. Bush below:

KeepItSimple

My cousin spoke to Nathan Stoops, the fiddle player for Lauren. All RUMORS!!!!!!!!!!! She is fine and doing well.

bambam

I can't believe people are saying they should reschedule. This isn't a birthday party. There are thousands of people there. It's being covered nationally. You can't just reschedule. Hopefully Lauren will be able to perform. However I would have to squint a little bit if she "magically" got her voice back enough to sing three songs after an hour's rest.

doglover

Oh God. Please. Scripted probably. NO MORE HALEY. We are sick of her! The winner already got booted off, James. The rest is just bs.

vivhoohoo

say it isnt so... haley sucks and needs to watch from home! her and her voice are so friggin annoying.... GLAD to see her have gone home after James went before her... her attitude and singing SUCKS!! just my dos centavos.... ;o)

Jennifer

Just saw on my hometowns news station that Haley is there getting ready, and Lauren is still with the doctors. No news yet on what is going on for sure with Lauren.