Alleged Baby Killer Casey Anthony -- The $68,000 Bill

5/26/2011 10:12 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Accused child murderer Casey Anthony is in more hot water with the feds -- the I.R.S. believes she failed to pay $68k in taxes back in 2008 ... the same year she allegedly killed her 2-year-old daughter.

0526_casey_andrews_AP110524137038_EX

TMZ obtained a tax lien filed against Anthony in Florida last week -- and according to the document, Casey never forked over $68,520 in federal taxes in 2008.

Casey was charged with first-degree murder the same year -- and is currently on trial in Orlando, FL ... facing the death penalty if convicted.

Calls to Casey's attorney were not immediately returned.

Bill

this story is bougus this **** could not make 68cent never mind owe 68,000 that would mean she made about 130,000. harvery u must be crazy to run this story !!!!! lol

e33

I know exactly what happened to her child. I said this from the beginning.

I bet she left her daughter in the trunk (doped up), partied all night, woke up the next morning and forgot about the kid in the trunk. Kid probably died of overdose of medication or heat stroke.

en Todo Momento!!

uh, n does mr 'esq-use me' josey beaz even have a law degree?? couldn't find one online. strange type of legal rep. real weird...

Deborah

how is this possible? she had no job and for taxes to be that high she would have had to have been making at least 300k per year, and you dont make near that much at disneyworld

CptKD

She SOLD pictures and videos of her DEAD baby!

That's how she made so much money, which she failed to take into consideration that there WOULD be tax on INCOME.

Being that she never really held DOWN a real JOB, it's not
surprising that she would be so deft as to not figure in that there would be COSTS associated with collecting close to $300,000 from one of the big TV Stations to cover her Defense!

QueenofTrashin

...and how does someone that verifiably did not have a job owe $68,000?

Tide Fan

Baez sold videos and pics of Casey and her daughter to ABC for money for his bill, ha! Now she owes the taxes on it! Put her in prison to rot, needle is too good for her!

idahohunny

This person IS NOT A CELEBRITY! Why is this on TMZ?

FIREFLY

I hope she walks!! The media has ruined any chance at a fair trail! She did not kill that baby on purpose!

just me

That bitch makes me almost hope that there is an IRS in hell! A new way to burn!

buckee71

Oh like she was, under investigation, daughters missing, oh wait I forgot to file my taxes....really???? I think this would be the last thing on my mind.....

Lisa

Maybe the IRS will garnish her jail canteen money! LOL! No more Slim Jims or cheese crackers for you, Casey!!!

What blows my mind is that wierdo strangers from all over the country are depositing money in her jail account!

Lee

how the heck could she owe money to the IRS, she hasnt worked in years!! This is a bull**** story for ratings and thats it. It may be for her parents, and this all happened 3 blocks from my house, Casey has not worked to even BEGIN to owe the IRS money. TMZ-get a real story for gods sake!!

en Todo Momento!!

real estate must be pricy in florida. i guess this is one way to rid 'the community' of an unwelcome resident family, and make room for 'better suited ones'; murder their grandkids, n throw their children in prison for it.

en Todo Momento!!

it took mr bs three years to quickly learn law and pass his bar exam....great job fella. i guess that is what the $300,000 was very useful for. good luck lady, cuz seems like pedosexual rings in florida are gonna be running your show. hope you like bologna sandwiches for the rest of your life.