Lampanelli's GIANT $50K Check

Suck it, Hate Church

5/26/2011 1:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lisa Lampanelli just donated $50,000 to the good people at Gay Men's Health Crisis -- sticking it to the hate-mongering homophobes of Westboro Baptist Church -- and we got footage of the GIANT CHECK.

0526_lisa_laminelli_launch
TMZ broke the story ... Lisa challenged the hate church head on last week -- claiming for every rotten bastard from the WBC who showed up to protest her show in Topeka, Kansas ... she would donate $1,000 to a gay charity.

Lisa couldn't decide exactly how many protesters showed up -- the number was somewhere between 44 and 48 -- so she called it an even 50 ... and put her money where her mouth was yesterday in NYC, donating $50,000 to GMHC in the form of a giant novelty check.

Hate on that.

GRIMLOCK

You really think the Church gives a crap about this? It's her money not theirs, the Church didn't lose anything by this little stunt, if fact they are probably laughing at this woman.

She is a comedian and is not serious about anything including this stunt, just 5 more extra minutes of fame so she doesn't have to keep on doing The Smoking Guns tv show.

In other words she will use this as one BIG TAX ride off and nothing more.

EricaJxx

@lalaland ~ cuz we're secretly connected in the BRAIN! ;-D xx

Clooney is GAY

WE LOVE YOU LISA (and ALWAYS have)!!!

Kari

BRILLIANT!!

Jason

I LOVE THAT SHE DID THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SUCK ON THAT HATE MONGERS

wtf

holy crap.

this must be the 10th free publicity story for the WBC.

are you people really this stupid?

IGNORE THEM DONT KEEP PUTTING THEM IN YOUR HEADLINES.

jesus christ, i bet they couldnt even afford to BUY all of the free publicity TMZ has given them in the last week.

cynical me

Of course she went to the media. How else is she going to help make WBC look like a bunch of jackasses? Good for her for doing this for the GMHC.

EC

love LL even more now. Good for you girl!

karlew

@Noella

Check out this church. Everything with them is hate. They have had sites called God Hates F*gs and more recently God Hates America. How can you possibly say they are not about hate when the revel in and vigorously promote their hatred? Your own irrational fear of homosexuals is apparently clouding your judgement.

Superman

How many gigs does she have to do to get that money back?

asstird

Lisa on behalf of the churchs in the country
that don't hate gay people I would like to
say all gay people are called to grace. And
second the donation was a very nice dealio,
YOUR SWEET.

Majestik

I love Lisa, I'm her newest #1 fan. I'm just mad that she was in town a month ago and there was no advert for it.

LISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSA, come back, I'll be in front row, PROMISE!!!

kingborg

Kevin 4 hours ago
I commend Lampanelli's donation to the Gay Mens Health Crisis but I must ask...The Westboro Baptist Church protests military funerals...why not split that check with a wounded warriors charity or help for military families of service personnel lost in Iraq and Afghanistan?

That would truly be the right thing to do.

-----------------------------------------------------

cause thats not her cause. tho i wish someone big would help the guard who keeps wbc in check.

ubernoob

and this money couldnt have gone to something better that most americans care about? make a wish,disabled veterans,ect........

flora68

Lisa has a new fan in me. And I don't care that she did this partly for the publicity; she could have easily found something less controversial to support if she wanted to play it safe and broaden her appeal. The woman's got guts and I wish her well.

As for the Westboro Baptist "Church"....if I believed in Satan, I'd believe that Fred Phelps is Satan for real. He makes a toothless, drooling hillbilly from "Deliverance" look like Cary Grant by comparison; wildly ignorant and overflowing with jealously and hatred.