Fergie & Josh

Our Bodyguard Saved

a Life!

5/27/2011 3:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Fergie and Josh Duhamel's cross-country flight had to be diverted for a passenger's medical emergency -- and it was the couple's bodyguard who sprang into action to help save the man's life!

0527_fergie_josh_launch_ex_2
Sources on the late night flight from NY to LA tell us a passenger began vomiting, then had a seizure. We're told Fergie and Josh's bodyguard, Pascal -- a mountain of a man -- jumped up to help flight attendants move the passenger into the aisle.

We're told a doctor, who happened to be on board, performed CPR -- then Pascal moved the man to the back of the plane, where flight attendants attached him to a heart monitor.

The flight was diverted to Las Vegas ... and the passenger received treatment at a nearby hospital.

In true hero fashion, Pascal was mum about the incident when they got to LAX -- but Josh was quick to sing his praises.

Mary

Nice. I hope they had more than 1 bodyguard. Someone could have whacked them throughout the commotion.

Majestik

Saved a life huh? I'm thinking the doctor performing CPR was the hero. Good on the bodyguard for helping move him.

Abe

Big deal! Harvey, I'm going to stop checking this site if all you're going to do is run stories this lame.

C'mon, get with the program!

x

Superman

Ummmm, the doctor who performed CPR saved his life. All this guy did was help carry the man to the back of the plane. I suppose TMZ wants to give him a medal for protecting his famous employer from that crazy man spewing vomit and spazzing all over the plane.

stu

y does joshy need a body guard?

atheist007

He didn't save anyones life. A doctor did. He helped move a person, big deal. I can help move a person.

Street Smart

I dont give a shiny fk. what is the score homo?

DatDogBitez

Good for Pascal for helping out, and good for him for not blabbering about the incident. Fergie, Josh and TMZ are stretching things by crediting him with saving a life. It steals the thunder from the real hero, the doctor on board (no one seems to have bothered to find his/her name).

Scott

OMG if I were on the plane if Fergie as much as coughed I would jump her and give her mouth to mouth!!!!!!

sergio

I agree with many who have stated the following.
1. Why do they need a body guard and who is Josh Duhamel?

2. The bodyguard did not save the mans life unless he was the physician who was there and took action. this concludes my rant.

tgrfan42069

the DR needs the praise here..all this guy did was move him.yet of course tmz reports him as the hero because he is connected to a celeb.

Tampa Bay Bodyguards

Professional bodyguard agencies like ours insist that our agents be certified in CPR, AED, and First Aid. I question the decision to leave a client - especially when there is a doctor on scene. Your client is your only responsibility.

Rocco

Yeah, obviously the bodyguard did not save his life, but kudos to him for being helpful to the flight crew and the doctor.

STOP SENSATIONALIZING STORIES !

rini6

I hope the guy is ok. Unfortunately, if you need CPR your chances of walking out of the hospital can range from under five percent to slightly over twenty five percent. If this person had a heart attack (vomiting and seizures can occur in this situation) with ventricular fibrillation then it is possible that they are ok.

writenow

YEA!!!! I love an ACTION kind of man (when it's a good action.)

Great way to begin the holiday weekend. Thanks!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments