Former 'Idol' Contestant -- My Ex Threatened to Kill Me

5/28/2011 4:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Season 7 "American Idol" contestant Asia'h Epperson claims her ex-boyfriend beat the crap out of her on multiple occasions ... and then threatened her with death ... this according to court docs.

0527_Asia'h_Epperson_tmz_ex
Epperson -- who placed in the Top 16 on "A.I." in 2008 -- filed a request for a restraining order against her 27-year-old ex BF ... claiming the guy has a history of "choking me and slamming me on the ground, fighting and wrestling me."

According to the docs filed in L.A. County Superior Court, Epperson claims the abuse got so bad, the ex began making "threats about killing me and then himself."

She claims he also, "called people out of my phone and threatened them as well ... threatened to shoot my friends."

Fortunately for Asia'h ... her request was granted and the ex-BF was ordered to stay 100 yards away from her at all times.

Both sides are due back in court on June 10.

Sticks

WHO???

Ginger

Yeah! My ex threatened to kill me. That's why I have such a big smile on my face. ???

pancake

who?

pattycake

Really TMZ?
I sure hope you are camped out at the courthouse on June 10 so we can have minute by minute coverage of this important event. After all she is a season 7 cast off.

Meanie

YOu have to love Youtube - go listen to this reject attempt to sing. POS hood rat ... your 15 mins of fame expired 2 years ago.

Missy

I did not listen to the tape, does she explain why her name is spelled Asia'h? What letter could that apostrophe be replacing? If her birth mother was a day over 17, I'll be shocked.

Jasmine

Hood Rat? Seriously? What trailer park did you guys crawl out of? If you don't think it's important or irrelevant.. don't comment, plain and simple.. And @Ginger.. you don't know when that picture was taken or what mood she was in then so why be rude?

Meanie

Jasmine... this chickie claimed she was some simple country girl in her interview on AI. Now she acts like a POS hood rat. If it walks and talks like a hood rat,... it's a hood rat.

Jasmine

Trust me.. I'm from the hood... and I've seen "hood rats".. and that girl, is no hood rat.. :)

Sloane

what is this beating her on "multiple occasions" ?

beat me once and I'll leave you immediately forever and make sure you end up in jail

come after me and beat me up again I'll make sure you end up in prison

and if you are stupid enough to come after me again..a third time... I'll spend the rest of my life making sure that once you're locked up you'll never get paroled!

what he's done is wrong if it's true

but what the heck is wrong with her!!!

D-INCARNATION

I doubt he could pick her up and slam her.

JLo on Steroids

talk to a random stranger why dont you, nobody cares about gal smiley

JLo on Steroids

Somebody call the cops, I think her Ex Boyfriend made her neck disappear!!!!!!!

BellaOso

really meanie? im starting to feel your racially profiling her. because she is far from a hood rat... go to a hood near you or check out worldstarhiphop if you want to see a real hoodrat... the girls from Joplin, Missouri? really she's just a little country... definetly not a HOOD RAT... you just sound hateful... NEXT!!!

ggg

Asia'h Epperson is a country girl with country ways. She is very classy not trashy! I agree with BellaOso I feel this is racial profiling. In Joplin, we have "NO HOOD RATs". take a look in the mirror before you judge someone else. If you are with someone that is abusing you, then you also would be scared to leave and it could happen over and over again. Some people smile to cover up there pain and hurt. I beat she can sing better than any of these people that are saying that she cant sing on this site. Yes! she is signed with Babyface.

Hi haters! Bye Haters!! As long as she keeps being the classy lady that our mothers raised us to be, then people like you will keep on hating...

Sorry that people dont have much of a life. Sorry that all people can do is talk down on people that are doing well for themselves..

GOD BLESS JOPLIN,MO AND HELP BUILD THEM BACK UP FROM THE EF-5 TORNADO THAT HIT SUNDAY @ 5:41pm...

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments