« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Retired Shaq Whips Out His BIG Barbarian Sword

6/1/2011 2:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Just a few hours into retirement ... Shaquille O'Neal is like a kid on Christmas morning -- busting out his favorite toys, like a giant samurai sword!
060111_shaq_sword_still_v2

In this video -- shot at Shaq's home in Orlando -- the big fella swings the massive sword and pretends he's doing battle with Conan.

Shaq's gf, Nicole "Hoopz" Alexander, explains the future NBA Hall-of-Famer "doesn't know what he's going to do" since announcing his retirement -- and suggests a return to Hollywood could be in the works.

As long as it's not a "Kazaam" sequel ... we're down, Shaq.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Celeb Gossip Addict

He is so silly. Love him and Hoopz.

PRO US

I heard Shaq say he was going on Hajj in a YouTube video interview in which he said his brother Hakeem (Olajuwon) was the best center ever. I wasn't sure if he was joking. Now, that I've seen the sword, maybe it's true.

john wayne gacy

hopefully, shaq will hang up his sword
along with his shoes & stop procreating too ......

Rogue Warrior

And TMZ is starving for stories, gone are the good old days of Mel Gibson, Charlie Sheen, and Lindsay Lohan.

YAWN

asstird

Why did you have to retire? I bet your
the only one who could dump Kobe and LeBron
on their overpaid asses and said I'm big boneded.
We miss you, come back.

Wrong

Referring that as a "samurai sword" is like saying that an AK-47 is a "cowboy's" gun. Not related whatsoever. Samurais would have been dead in the first 2 seconds if they would have used such heavy swords against somebody. A samurai "sword" (better known as katana) looks exactly like a ninja's "sword", THAT was easier and faster to use for Samurais. Shaq's sword is more like Viking's sword, they were having the seize and strength to use something like that. Is basic knowledge and you dont even have to be a geek to know stuff like this. You sound VERY ignorant TMZ

Dragon Tattoo

I am sorry, but why would anyone want to be called HOOPZ even as a nickname, especially not a woman. Shows the ghetto she/he/it comes from, just stop it with the ugly as* nick names. Think this is why some people have negative reaction about certain races and their chosen nick names. I don't care if you disagree with my point of view...btw, for those who are gonna say I hate blacks, I am not white, I am a minority myself.

jeepers1120

TMZ...you guys totally lag...your news is old...I have noticed it for the past few months....Radar online is so much faster...

john johnson

i have a suggestion when he could put that sword....

if you're following the nba finals, go to this link:

PRO US

Wot dey call heem wen he wok wit ze radio? Radio Shaq

stunneroo7

That isn't a Samurai sword. It's some sort of bastard sword. As to one of the comments saying that the Samurai katana and the Ninja's sword are similar is incorrect. A Samurai katana is curved where a ninja sword is straight. Blade's sword in all of those movies is what a Ninja sword looks like.

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

What happened to the Police thing? Shaq could comeback to L.A. and join up with Ron Artest. They could become superheroes and fight crime together! You might want to start with the Laker fans first. I have been at the stadium and those aren't the kind of fans I remember over the years. The ones I know, don't celebrate a win by turning cars over and lighting them on fire.
So, you two, will have you hands full.

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

So, you two, will have you hands full.

yiramala

kazaam

dear Shaquille O'Neal you sux wast of bostons money + i spent 160... bucks for bad seat not even to see you play tired and old wash up thanks for leveing maybe will get some of are money back 4 a real player

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments