Britney Spears

Not Competent to Take Oath

6/3/2011 1:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Britney Spears' lawyers are trying to block her deposition in a perfume lawsuit, because they say she's not legally competent to give sworn testimony.

0201_britney_spears_dancing_EX_Getty_01

Brand Sense Partners is suing Brit for $10 million, claiming she had a deal with the company but pulled a double-cross by trying to cut them out of a lucrative project with Elizabeth Arden.

Brand Sense wants to take Britney's deposition, but Brit's lawyers have so far refused, on grounds Brit is under a conservatorship and can't be forced to testify without the approval of the conservatorship's attorneys.

No word on whether the attorneys for the conservatorship will sign off on the depo, but Brand is tired of waiting and is now asking the judge in the perfume case to order Britney to sit for the deposition.

Ih8Taxes

I don't think she's competent enough to have a driver's license! But then again, the same would go for most of the people driving today.

Dragon Tattoo

She isn't even competent to lip sync well....

Jim in Cali

This conservatorship is so silly. If she can't testify then how is she competent enough to go out on tour? Silly.

KittyKittyKitty

Yikes!

Mikey

This 'I'm mental' thing is genius!

Stiletto

How many guys (especially older, rich ones) would say "OK, forget the 10 million...just let me bang you for a month."

I would...and I guarantee I would get my moneys worth : )

writenow

And yet Charlie Sheen is parenting. Go figure.

themare

If she isn't mentally competent than why in the HELL is her father sending her out on tour? I swear, the parents of some of these celebs should be slapped!

Jbo

I guess I don't understand how she can be pimped out for money in front of thousands of people, but cannot hold it together for a interview under oath? ALSO, a person who isn't competent can have joint custody of kids??? Hmmmmm... I call shena****ns!

THEY (brit's camp) doesn't want ANY ONE to know the truth about what's going on in her "reality"....

Keep her drugged, under lock and key and keep milking her teats for that sweet money.

I used to HATE Britney - now I just feel SO SORRY for her!!

Politico Pablo

This whole thing smells. She can lip sync her way through the deposition.

Jim in Cali

her father was the one that tried to cut Brand Sense out of the deal once he took control of Brit's finances. Britney probably doesn't even know what's going on.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

I would love to spend 1 hour with her

middleagedcrazy

Gloria Allred and Lisa Bloom are just drooling at the thought that they could administer the woman's estate. These stories are going to continue until one of them gets power of attorney.

Bets right now -- table open.

Observer999

All joking aside, she's perfectly competent now, and should be required to testify.

Dragon Tattoo

How is the "not legally competent" person going to go on tour? Doesn't that mean she is a danger to her fans who paid all that money to see her "dance" and lip sync?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments