'16 and Pregnant' Star: My Mom's Arrest Is Her Problem

6/5/2011 3:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"16 and Pregnant" star Whitney Purvis isn't tooooooo broken up over the news of her mom's arrest -- because she told us, "What my mom does, does not affect me." Can you feel the love?

0605_whitney_michelle_pervis_16_preganant_2
As we previously reported, April Purvis was busted in Georgia this morning for possession of marijuana and possession of meth (that's a felony).

Whitney tells TMZ she is "nothing like her parents" and has no plans on following in their footsteps. She told us, "I do not want my son to grow up how I did."

She did add that she hopes her mom will overcome this.

Rogue Warrior

I know of a soon to be mother just like this and her response is that my behavior will have no problem on my children. So, go figure. Stupidity isn't exclusive to white trash......

NightOwl

smart girl. learn from the past!

bf

Really? This is a news?

Gizmo

Yikes...lol

Leader of the ignorant masses

I am not a fan of these shows or its participants. But if this girl is serious about giving her son a better mother than her mother was to her then i wish her the best. Just because you were not born with all the advantages of others does not mean you cannot pick yourself up and make something of yourself.

??

No nothing like her parents, but pregnant at 16? How many will she have by 25? Bunch of loser whore deadbeats, does MTV advertise for teenagers to get knocked up so they can make this show or just hang out at free clinics to find the losers. Maybe they should combine Jersey Shore with 16 and pregnant. It is a shame what MTV puts on the air, but even more of a shame what people will watch.

James

My last name is Purvis. : ( I don't know these people though.

JimmyCrapCorn

Stay strong girl, rise above.

Susan

Bless her heart! The fact that she hopes her mom overcomes her substance abuse problem is probably way more generous that her mom ever treated her ....

Orian

effect? really? "Abandon all hope , ye who enter here."

BP

Sadly America, this is our future. Only the poor and stupid are breeding...

RiceLover

@?? She is not going to have anymore children as her son has a genetic disorder! I think this girl is doing an amazing job and has matured, unlike the rest of the 16 and pregnant "stars". I think th is girl has her head on straight and is doing what is best for her child.

gigi

Not all 16 year old mothers are bad parents, and not all legal age parents are good parents either.

Rachel

AFFECT!!! Effect is a noun. Affect is a verb. It should be "What my mom does, does not AFFECT me."

DonnaandStan

I have Never watched this show!

BUT...I'm proud of this young lady 85% of the people who grow up with these types of parents Repeat the pattern.

I hope she can BE STRONG and be that 15% that breaks the cycle!

I wish her LUCK!