Rep. Weiner

YES, the Penis Bulge is Mine

6/6/2011 2:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

NY Congressman Anthony Weiner just confessed ... he IS the owner of the penis in the infamous  underwear pic and accidentally posted it on Twitter while trying to send it to another woman -- and he WON'T be resigning.

Rep Weiner

Weiner addressed the media in Manhattan this afternoon to take responsibility for the picture -- telling reporters, "The picture was of me, and I sent it" ... and he planned to send it to another woman.

The congressman says he will not resign from office because of the scandal -- and plans to return to his work following the conference.

As for his explanation, Weiner says he accidentally posted the pic to his Twitter account last month -- panicked when he realized what he did ... and falsely claimed he had been hacked.

"At the end of the day ... I lied because I was embarrassed."

Weiner adds, "I take full responsibility for my actions ... I have made terrible mistakes. I have not been honest with myself, my family , and my constituents."

According to Weiner, he engaged in several "inappropriate conversations" online -- and exchanged sexually explicit photos with "at least six women."

Weiner adds, "I have never met with these women, nor have had physical relationships at any time."

Weiner says he and his wife don't have plans to split over the controversy.

obama'saracist

this weiner is a liar and who does he represent,oh yeah the american people

WCK604

how is this cheating if his wife knew about it? He wasn't being disloyal to her.

Trish

To anonymous - Not a man hater, a realist. I've been married 12 years. I have been single maybe 4 months out of my life since I was a teenager. I am very happy for you that you feel so secure and while not every man would cheat, most would. And while I don't know your husband or you from adam, You can not say never. You don't know what situations either of you may be in one day, or what situation he may have already been in. I'm sure most women that have been cheated on once said their man wouldn't cheat, flirt, or whatever else. Life happens. You can't block it out by refusing to acknowledge it.

Get Real

DUH. His guilt was obvious by his words and behavior. Since he hasn't the decency to resign, he should be forced out of public office. Idiot!

WCK604

to all those who think the "lamestream liberal media" is going to downplay this, you're wrong.

Ever since that press conference ended MSNBC has been pounding him into the ground. Lots of democrats on there are calling on him to resign and are attacking him simply for being sexually open with his wife and other women. The liberal media is not downplaying this at all.

Leader of the ignorant masses

Forgive? Who am i to judge this guy. Resign? This is his personal business and not ours. I don't care what these people do behind close doors. All that matters when it comes to resigning is if they are doing their job or not. Wife? Once again not my business. This is a private family issue and it is her decision to make not ours. Where do people get off thinking they have the right to the personal life of anyone just because they are famous. I am sure the same people who pass judgement would not feel the same if their personal activities were dragged out into the public eye. Resigning should only come into play when you do something that is part of your job, like bribes or kickbacks. Though i do think what he did is wrong, it is a matter for his wife do deal with not the public.

Patti

WHY DO GUYS THINK THAT GIRLS WANT TO LOOK AT THERE WANG ANYWAY? REALLY, NOT THAT PRETTY! WE ARE NOT LIKE PIG GUYS THAT SEE A BODY PART AND GO ALL GAGA ALL OVER OURSELVES. MEN ARE PIGS....AND HE IS ABOUT THE BIGGEST LIAR! I HATE LIAR'S!!!

Lick Heim

Rep. Weiner and Arnold S. should have a sword fight...

May the biggest WEINER WIN!!!

SUNIA3

He didn't step up and admit anything until he was absolutely forced to. That doesn't count. Right up until the last minute when he found out there were more photos being released did he give up the "hacking" story. Weasel.

dd

To Mrs. Weiner
you have my deepest sympathy.

WCK604

@Trish
"I am very happy for you that you feel so secure and while not every man would cheat, most would. And while I don't know your husband or you from adam, You can not say never. You don't know what situations either of you may be in one day, or what situation he may have already been in."

The same goes just as much for women. You can never say definitively that any woman would never cheat. Don't act like men are just filthy wild pigs that will turn on their morals given the right situation. Women are the same way. We are all sexual animals and sometimes we get weak and make mistakes. Women are no better simply because they have a vagina.

John

I don't think he should resign because of sending the pics, but because who the hell is going to believe a word he says from now on? Everytime he opens his mouth, he'll be challenged on why he should be believed. Though it is always nice to see a big mouth forced to shut the hell up.

Todd

Rob Base 13 minutes ago
Time to bring out the Democrat media playbook.

1. Try to hide story.
2. Say that the story was from a right wing source to lower the credability.
3. Mention other republican scandals in the past to make it seem like everybody does it.

After press conference admitting wrongdoing

1. 1 day of full coverage.
2. Day after no mention of story if any make sure that you state there are more important things going on.
3. Blame right wing machine for keeping story alive.

Let's say its a republican

1.3 weeks of coverage or until they push them out of office.

2. Interview all the woman that photo's were sent to including backround pieces making sure they put a personal face on them.
3. Interview the wife and if they can't follow her around until she is forced to make a statement.
4. Camp outside his house and show who comes in and out of the residence.( Maybe a helicpoter over house if possible)
5. Try to tie his actions to all of the policies currently in his party.
6. Thus destoying him, his family, and everybody in his party.

Congrats Weiner you are a democrat so all is forgiven. The democrat creed,"Do as I say not as I do".

Have you ever heard the saying
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

just sayin'

Rob Base

WCK60...4 less than a minute ago

___________________________________________________________

I agree they are covering it. The difference is that if it was a republican the story would be kept alive for weeks. They are covering it today because they haft to. The only reason the media will keep this alive will be if the democratic machine decides that they want him out and if he won't. The media will be sent out to do there dirty work!

Puckett