MJ's 'Thriller' Jacket -- Got $400k Layin' Around?!

6/6/2011 8:21 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson's iconic red jacket from the "Thriller" video is hitting the auction block in Beverly Hills in a few weeks -- and it could be yours ... if you've got a spare $400,000 to blow.

0606_mj_jacket_BN

The jacket -- which MJ personally autographed to his former costume designers -- is expected to fetch between $200k and $400k ... though we wouldn't be shocked if it soared past half a mil.

The jacket is one of several MJ items featured in the Julien's Auction event on June 25 and 26. Among the more interesting pieces -- the wig Michael wore at his "This Is It" news conference in London and a glove he wore at the American Music Awards.

0606_mj_wig_glove

The wig is expected to haul in between $4,000 and $6,000 -- and the glove is valued between $20k and $30k.

0606_mj_auction_footer

KingMikeJ

@Canadasux

You're right, the public doesn't have all the facts about Michael Jackson so stop making up **** and research the facts.

Give me a break!

some crazy rich asian will by the lot

jack-55d79

I think the jacket will go for more than that because it's going to attract institutional bids (within limits) and it's iconic. It's the sort of thing that will appreciate in value because MJ's music is likely to be promoted long into the future, and he already has a large world fan-base. It's not the sort of thing I'd want, even if I had huge amounts of cash, because while his music was exceptional I'm not that a fan of him as a person. But I bet there are quite a few very rich people who'd want it just as a conversation piece. And what a conversation piece.

Arwen

I love this wig. See you in July :)

HumanNature

AWESOME!!!!!

I JUST LOVE THE "THRILLER" SONG AND VIDEO!!!

LONG LIVE THE KING OF "ALL" MUSIC, MICHAEL JOSEPH JACKSON

Diva

I see the haters are still trying to diss Michael Jackson. He was the most caring person ever lived besides Jesus Christ. Stop hating on him and give him the respect that he deserves. I wish I could afford all three. I did know he wore a wig until after he died, but I love him all the same.

OooooNooo!

For that price the glove better still have the dried jizz-stains on it.

SantaFeJack

Always wondered why he had such horrible looking wigs. Probably no less bizarre than many of his other decisions...like that nose, for instance!

Chrissie

I can't believe some people didn't realize he wore wigs... cracks me up. It is so OBVIOUS in every picture.

He even had his skull tatoo'd black in his hairline to hide his baldness. Check out his autopsy report.

Mystery

I knew he was bald... and not by boys.

Tina

He wore a wig? I didn't know that. @sloppy seconds, what exactly do you mean by 'blacks have hair fail?" Inquiring minds want to know.

Stiletto

Loved the music

Hated the perverted freak

Wish to never hear more about him

Hope he found some peace

Brigha from UK

Don't know why this bothers me, but it does. Perhaps it's because these items should be treasured by his children rather than become the property of the highest bidder.
Especially the wig. I agree with a previous poster, that this should never have been on public display. Seems like it's yet another attempt to rob Michael of his dignity, and give the haters something to s****** at.
Guess it really is all about money.

Butterfly

he iconic jacket worn by Michael Jackson in his Thriller video is set to be sold at auction.

The pop superstar, who died in 2009, sported the black and red leather garment for the horror-themed 1983 video, which famously showed the singer morphing into a werewolf.

The jacket was autographed by Jackson and given to his longtime costume designers, Dennis Tompkins and Michael Bush, to use as a template for future stage wear, and it will now go for sale at an auction in California.

It will be part of the Julien's Auctions Music Icons sale in Beverly Hills on 25 and 26 June (11) and is expected to fetch a minimum of $200,000 (£125,000). A portion of the proceeds from the sale of the jacket will be donated to the Shambala Preserve, where Jackson's two Bengal tigers, Thriller and Sabu, have been housed since the pop star lost his Neverland ranch in 2006.