Tina Fey

Tracy's Rant Was 'Violent,' 'Disturbing'

6/10/2011 5:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tina Fey says she was disturbed by the "violent imagery" in Tracy Morgan's homophobic stand-up act in Nashville -- but insists her "30 Rock" co-star is not a "hateful man."

0610_tina_fey_tracy_morgan_ex_getty

In a statement to TMZ, Tina said she's glad Tracy apologized -- but explained, "The violent imagery of Tracy's rant was disturbing to me at a time when homophobic hate crimes continue to be a life-threatening issue for the GLBT Community."

Fey continued, "It also doesn't line up with the Tracy Morgan I know, who is not a hateful man and is generally much too sleepy and self-centered to ever hurt another person.

"I hope for his sake that Tracy's apology will be accepted as sincere by his gay and lesbian co-workers at '30 Rock', without whom Tracy would not have lines to say, clothes to wear, sets to stand on, scene partners to act with, or a printed-out paycheck from accounting to put in his pocket."

NBC Chairman Bob Greenblatt claims the network has warned Morgan about the incident -- saying, "Tracy’s comments reflect negatively on both '30 Rock' and NBC – two very all-inclusive and diverse organizations – and we have made it clear to him that this kind of behavior will not be tolerated."

Mind Bullet

I am soooo sick of you blacks, gays, fatties, and other minorities whine.....I am white, straight, and healthily thin....and I can't share my opinion about your complaining and whining without being labeled a 'racist'. IT IS CALLED REVERSE RACISM. I AM A REVERSE RACISM VICTIM (RRV), GET USED TO IT...WE ARE NOT GOING AWAY!!!!!!!!!

TMP

I have to agree with Tina... when you work on a show like that (in a company that has a lot of gays and lesbians) you have to conduct yourself the right way. If you do something that reflects badly on the people you work with (say, the person who runs the show), you're only getting yourself in ho*****er.. free speech or not.

Nothing that Morgan said was nothing I haven't heard before (except the part about stabbing his own son for being gay).. but he should still be careful who he pisses off. Fey's right.. those are the people that control his paycheck. Fair or not.

The first thing I thought about when reading this "news" was that Morgan should be the last person making fun of gay people.. I've seen him in a few things and he's "acted" very gay (sorry if that offends anyone) in some of his roles, skits and movies. I think it's kind of hypocritical of him to make fun of gay people and lash out so much against them, when he basically uses those same stereotypes to make money.

JMHO of course.

janet

Morgan is just not funny in anyway.

Meanie

Tina is a cnt.

Lisa

I see Tina fey is using Lycogel uk on her face, her complextion is really looking great.

Justin

Replace "gay" and "homo" with "jew" and what would the reaction be? Oh. That already happen. Remember Michael Richards? This sounded worse to me than the Richards incident. Yet I see all of these people defending him. Disgusting.

Willy

Some of you guys are INSANE. The problem is Tracy WASN'T JOKING! He was spilling his guts out there telling his opinion about gay. How is saying he would stab his son to death if he was gay funny? was that a joke? I don't ******* think so. Some of you guys commenting on here are sick out of your minds.

Truth

It's funny to watch the liberals scatter and lose a guy the second he doesn't fit their mold.

Alex

Let us not forget that he had a girl friend give him a KIDNEY,
and he no longer talk to that you lady. Tracy Morgan is a mean, mean, man!!!!

dandilion

Free speech.. and if you have a child you raise them according to your judgement, in the child's best interest.. and as the child grows up, the dad will still love the child and do the right thing as he understands the child's goals and needs.. for that's what all good dad's do. Life doesn't come with a guarantee that all of us get the best of the best, even agree with our parents and grandparents or culture. Tina Fey needs to shut her vicious shallow spokesperson trap. She is guilty of bias, elitism, with power of the press and ability to broadcast her opinion.. and with no deeply fair standards in moral soundness, which she desires to have a stable, free world, often despising any other human rights to originality, or virtuous conscience, religious beliefs.. as the way she raises and provides for her kids and lives her life is off limits but she critically judges and makes fun of anything and one for money.. not caring whom she hurts or destroys..

RJsWrath

If we can't laugh at Ourselves and/or others for indifference's,
what is comedy going to be like in 20 year's ?
If you make a joke about a Donkey not having Stripes,
the Animal rights Activists are going to show up on your Doorstep to B**ch about it ?

I am by no means a hater !
On anyone or issue, I say Live and Let Live and have never Disrespected Anyone by their own choices, that's the Freedom
we have in the U.S..

Things have grown out of Proportion over the years as for what is "Politically Correct" and Not..
I am getting older now and starting to lose my hair ! does that mean I should be making complaints every time I see a joke about Hair Loss ?
Comedy Will end B4 long simply because of some Activists !

nof

@marlena 5 hours ago:
"people in the public eye need to be politically correct..."

-According to who?
-What, you're the judge and jury?
-What should we homogenize next after (free) speech -
-and shouldn't people-in-the-public-eye also be made to wear the same clothes? How about uniforms?

We are heading towards a colorless world, people, throw out all of your red.

Nof

Rob

Maybe one day the Constitution will be appreciated. What Tracy said was ignorant in my opinion, but he has the right to say what ever the hell he wants. That's why America is such a wonderful country. Dont apologize Tracy, if thats the way you feel then stand by it.

Alan

How about Tracey replaces all the gay jokes with black jokes and see how that is funny..... its not.

sky

Oh i forgot to suggest to Sarah Palin that SHE should dress up like Tina>Fey> for halloween..post accident ..facial scars and all ...MEAN ?

NOt nearly as MEAN as that B was to Saraha Palin.