Tracy Morgan

Booed at Concert, People Walked Out

6/10/2011 7:21 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tracy Morgan's homophobic act in Nashville was met with a smattering of boos -- and several people also walked out of the show -- this according to a person who was at the show.

Tracy Morgan

TMZ spoke with someone in attendance at the Ryman Auditorium ... who tells us Morgan's entire act was filled with offensive gay jokes ... explaining, "It was the worst thing I've ever heard ... so not funny."

As we previously reported, Morgan's June 3rd performance ignited a firestorm of controversy -- after he "joked" that he would "stab" his son for acting gay.

Michael

Wow some of these comments amaze me. It just shows the ignorance in this country. You people really think being is a choice, that people want to get bashed and discriminated against something they have no control over. That there are teenagers committing suicide because people like you make them feel worthless for being different. Who would choose to be different knowing that there are people like you bashing them, making fun of them, and even killing them. I personally would never joke around with killing my child because they are different, what kind of person would joke like that. Yes we have freedom of speech, but seriously sometimes comedians take that to the extreme. For those of you who think being gay is a sickness obviously you are not very educated. Go to the library and read some books. Obviously being gay is not like having down syndrome, cancer, or anything like that. Gays are who they are and that is that.

hotrn216

I'm so sick of people saying that being GAY is just like being BLACK. Please stop comparing the two, its not the same people. Damn!

Rogue Warrior

Anyone wanna bet that there will be at least 2 more gay stories before the days over?

Donovan

I find men who make comments like he did and who are so homophobic have closeted feelings themselves and have often "just dipped the tip in" so they overcompensate by acting like gays disgust them.

John

He's hilarweous!

Kari

He isn't very successful anyway---probably desperate for attention. And, even "joking" about stabbing his son is disgusting. Hi*****e makes me feel even stronger support for gays--we need to get people like him off the stage. Hate isn't funny.

Palmer McAllistor

It’s part of a comedy act. I have heard some of the most depraved things in the world in comedy acts, much of which is meant to shock people. Watch the Aristocrats, seriously.

You merely see this as an opportunity to get on your high horse and spout off about defending the downtrodden in society, without realizing the context of the statements or the point of the artform that is comedy.

If you didn’t like the joke, fine. Such is your right. But to claim that he doesn’t have the right to say that joke, or that he should have his career ruined if he does, is ridiculous and frankly, puritanical.

Finally, who are you to say that he is sick? You didn’t even really listen to his act, did you, since he never said anything about shooting anyone? I also verymuch doubt that you are in any sort of way qualified to make such a determination.

But hey, lets all jump on the victimization train. While we’re at it, let’s burn every copy of every Twain book, since he says “n**ger” all the time. You people are such simpletons it makes me sick.

SiouxCityBoy

The dude's a bigot. Don Rickles and Red Fox were funny, but Don and Red had talent. Tracy Morgan is simply an no-talent bigoted black man. Since his remarks also effect his work on network television, I believe the network condones his remarks unless they quickly publish a disclaimer.

Mike

Tracy, you're 15 minutes are up. Was about 14 minutes too long. Good bye

boi

Those who protest gays so adamantly, usually are suppressing and deflecting their own homosexual nature. I met Tracy Morgans many times when he was working on SNL and to be quite honest, my first impression when I met him, was that he was gay (serious gaydar alert). So, this all makes sense that he is trying to distance himself. I bet he is on the down low and has many skeletons in his closet.

Timmy Boy

He's got quite a few points though.

chichifroglegs

@ejay:
I live in the same country as you do...you know the one where gay people can still get the **** kicked out of them just because they're gay. Switch all of the homophobic slurs with racial slurs and I'd swear we were back in the 60's before blacks were given their civil rights and everybody just puts their racist issues out there. I'm all for freedom of speech and personal liberties. I find it funny that everybody gets up in arms about their civil liberties, except when it comes to the gays. Also, if homosexuality is a choice then why do we have so many gay teens killing themselves? I remember in high school how people will do anything to fit in and not attract any bullies..so why is that people actually think being gay is a choice? Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are people out there who did make a choice to be gay but seriously you really think that effeminate gay kid likes being ridiculed and bullied because of who they are.. Bigotry is bigotry no matter who you're discriminating against.

Jake

Tracey YOU ROCK MY Brother,,,they should all be sent to an island,,,,left there with some fishing line...alcatraz would do nicely....ABOMINATIONS to their creator....sick and disgusting

Rob

Honestly I think TRACY MORGAN is gay...I just get that gaydar feeling...No lies!

Rob

I agree...

It seems some comedians desperate attempt at humor befalls on gay women and men...HE ALWAYS RESORT TO GAY HOMOPHOBICS COMMENTS. I expect it!

I think the day and age is changing where people are demanding more cleverness in their standup comedy rather than using cliche gay jokes...

If they can't handle you being gay...I SAY **** EM!!!! TELL THEM I SAID IT TOO! Laterz