Charlie Sheen

Negotiating For New Sitcom

6/13/2011 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources connected with Charlie Sheen tell TMZ ... the actor is negotiating a "big offer" for a new TV series that could debut as early as January, 2012.

0224_charlie_sheen_getty_EX

We're told Charlie's reps are in "deep negotiations" and the deal could be done by week's end.

Our sources say the sitcom is being written specifically around Charlie and will air on a broadcast network. The deal does not call for a pilot. The show would go straight to series.

Our sources would not reveal details about the sitcom, except to say Chuck Lorre is NOT involved.

tmz-top-comments

Bons Bons

"I used to be a HUGE fan...but now I can't even watch reruns of his shows!!!! Wayyyyyy too much baggage to forgot when watching him!! He needs to find a new career and a new dentist!!!"

Truth Truth

Good for Charlie! At least he is honest about who he is and he does not go around lying and cheating like our so many of our US Congressman do. MaSheen is the real deal and you can't beat his honesty!

John John

That is a show I'll never watch. In my book, he crossed a lot of lines, calling anyone who didn't worship is crack-using butt, a troll. I hope the advertisers understand that a lot of people feel like me and won't be seeing any of the products advertised on any of his shows.

tmz-top-comments
Bons Bons

Truth Truth

John John

Amy Amy

Wow they would basically be exploiting a mentally ill person for money. Charlie Sheen is not mentally stable to be on TV again. It would be the worst kind of voyeurism

bigbucks bigbucks

Why are they calling Intervention a "new" show?

SusanCoyote SusanCoyote

I guess it won't be about a dental office.

RealAVMusic

OFFICIAL CHARLIE SHEEN SONG!!! LETS CELEBRATE THIS DEAL!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1KN3ueIgMg

duhwinner

no thanks

Khate sucks

GO AWAY already! No one cares anymore bc you're LOOSING...or should I say LOST!? He's obnoxious and Two and a Half men will go on better than ever with AK!

Josephina

Ew, who would actually watch this?

MoonDust

what happened to the original picture of him TMZ?

Laughing at celebrities is fun.

If it's good i'll watch it if not i won't, simple as that. Unless it's on NBDC.

Smitty

Thank you TMZ for changing the photo.

pyrochick

Na, I wont' be watching. didn'*****ch it then and I sure won'*****ch anything with him it it now. Can't stand Charlie Sheen or his little limp weiner. Besides, I'm too busy watching the Weinger Gate show!

pyrochick

Dang! Just when I thought he finally disappeared into oblivion! Oh well, I should have held my breath longer. I won'*****ch anything he's involved in. He's burned his bridges with millions. Isn't this just another story like before when he said that FOX was considering him for a multi-million dollar sitcom? And some other network looking at him. And according to him he has networks lining up to work with him. I no longer believe anything he says. And besides, I'm busy watching Weinergate right now.

pyrochick

pyrochick

LadyBeagles

Good for Charlie. People forget he was always a pro on the set. The other baggage was his personal life. Its too bad Chuck Lorre couldn't be professional and separate the two. I'll be watching.

kayla

Honestly, the man is a violent, drug addict, alcoholic, woman abuser... he should be in jail not on tv.

GEL

Won'*****ch a thing he's in, not anymore. He's burned his bridges...and for those of you who say he's straightened up and stayed clean, we don't know that. All we KNOW is that he hasn't been doing his public rants anymore and I'm sure that's because he's seen now how doing that affects his pocket-book. His "tour" may have made him money up-front, but it was a HUGE flop...and he knows it. It's only smart now to to shut the F up.

There's no way I'd hire this train-wreck, not after all of the public humiliation he provided to MANY others. He's lost me as a fan forever. There was even a movie on TV the other day with him in it...I changed the channel.

SWilcox

I wish Charlie the best. I will watch his new show and I hope it turns out to be a big hit. Hang in there Charlie!