Spelling Mansion

The Price is Right

at $85 Mil

6/14/2011 5:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Well, Candy Spelling didn't get what she was asking for, but the sale of her L.A. mansion should be enough to tide her over until around 2060.

0614_candy_spelling_house_money_ex
Sources connected with the sale of the 57,000 square foot, Holmby Hills estate tell TMZ ... 22-year-old Petra Ecclestone is plunking down $85 million for her new digs.  Candy was asking $150 mil, but in the L.A. real estate market that price was a dream.

One of our sources calls it "a fair price," adding Candy will be getting more than $1,000 a square foot -- not a bad deal.

We're told the escrow period is somewhere between 30 and 60 days.   Since Petra's dad, Formula One mogul Bernie Ecclestone, is worth $4 billion ... finding the cash shouldn't be a problem.

BarrysConspiracyWorld

She's buying a Condo for $47Million? THAT'S an exectionally bad deal!

LuvLeeRita

Spoiled much?

michaela

and the listing and buyer's agents split about 5%/4.25 M among them. Not too shabby either

en Todo Momento!!

really, what she should have done is: taken a chainsaw to the center of the so called 'mansion' or to thirds of it, pulled 2-3 new plywood plastered divisions, and then sold each part for $35 Million. or 2 parts to $45 million. what she did right there is just a total loss of possible profits. i am sure her husband would have been able to advise her better. too bad.

p

1st

McG

p, you're actually fourth, bummer for you.

I read somewhere that the Spelling mansion even has a beauty salon, apparently Candy never utilized it.

McG

Oh crap, I can't count...fine, so p was fifth. Anyone for coffee?

Jack

Petra isn't plunking down anything, daddy is. I would love to shake this guy and tell him to wake up. She should be somewhere getting an education and then getting a j-o-b, not moving into one of the largest houses in the country. This story is so ridiculous. $2 million a year for property taxes. The IRS better look into this because if the house is in Petra's name there is a problem.

Scientific

I'd like to get myself some Petra...damn!

nof

This isn't going down - isn't happening - Snag City.

Nice of Harvey to have Eli Roth in today -

And to sing Harvey's praises.

n

.:Loki4Ever:.

TMZ....WE DONT CARE ABOUT THIS! THIS STORY ISN'T RELEVANT!

northern gypsy

excellent point was made on tmz.com
we peons need not worry...however...the winds of change are approaching...
paris...kim...etc...get ready a formatable opponent is on the horizon !!!

Gwendolyn

can me and my siamese rent a room in the mans?

jpierce26

I am sorry, but it just makes me sick!!! If you have that much money, help people, not just yourself. Don't squander God's gift. What he giveth, he can taketh away. I just hope she has a better personality then Kim K and Paris, but then again I think of all the people that can be clothed, homed, and fed with just a smidge of what she spent on this ridiculous house and I think no.....just like all the rest. Selfish, spoiled rotten girls.

nof

The sale won't go through - this isn't happening.

Also, it's funnier when Eli comes in to rag on someone/something - funny when he rags on Harvey.

I guess you start a "Pat ...Harvey On The Back For Something" sequence -

But in the interest of fair reporting and journalism - there'd then have to be a sequence where opposing POV's are bought in.

I don't think Harvey likes opposing points-of-view -