Amber Portwood 911

'She's Going to Hang Herself'

6/15/2011 2:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Amber Portwood's baby daddy Gary Shirley called 911 yesterday and begged the operator to send cops to the "Teen Mom" star's Indiana home ... warning, "She's going to hang herself"

0615_gary_shirley_amber_portwood_911

TMZ obtained a copy of the 911 phone call Gary placed yesterday, in which he says Amber had recently mentioned that she was "having a hard time with her life" and he feared she might commit suicide.

Gary, who sounded very calm on the phone, explained, "I just spoke with my girlfriend and she had said something to me ... said she's having a hard time with her life ... call the police, they can find my body in the garage."

Gary added, "I'm calling you guys because I don't want her to kill herself."

Cops eventually responded to Amber's home -- and though she did not appear to be injured, she was taken to a nearby medical facility for further evaluation.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Observer

Sounds like peggy needs retraining program...haha
short temper for a 911 operator

croc

she couldnt get that rope over her big fat head.
lol for peggy comment.

garett

that 911 operator is a mean bitch

Anonymous

Probably the most responsible thing Gary has ever done. Except then he probably turned around and called the tabloids to sell the story.

BTW sucky job by the dispatcher. She should drop the attitude and focus on asking questions more clearly instead of chastising the caller who is obviously concerned enough to send his mom over to the house to check on her. He is trying to help

will

the fame must be too much for her.... and the operater was very rude

jpierce26

The 911 responder seemed to me like a major d-bag. I understand that they try to get information from you, but do they not realize that the person making the call can be upset? It almost as if the responder knew the name Amber Portwood and thought this was a joke. No sense of urgancy!!!!

Birdsht

Enough with the nobody white trash. Who could even give two $hts if this slug hung herself.

I am Spartacus

its all probably set up for publicity. Why TMZ cared so much about these 2 nobodies in the 1st place is beyond me but now that they were getting no more attention they needed to figure out some way to get back in the news.

jessie

Someone needs to look into that operator! Wow I am amazed that she was so rude. She sounded put out. What a cow!

RabbleRouser

Please, Child Services step in and take the baby while she is still 'adoptable'.

Every time I hear anything about Gary or Amber, it just makes it even clearer that they are incapable of successfully raising a child.

Drew

That fat bitch wouldnt be able to hang herself.

Bippy

Looks like these two "BOVINE F**KTARDS" CANNOT GET ANYTHING RIGHT - WOULD SOMEONE TEACH THEIR PARENTS HOW TO PUT A R.U.B.B.E.R. ON AND THEN INSTRUCT THEIR OFFSPRING SUCH AS THESE TWO MENTALLY CHALLENGED INDIVIDUALS AND PLEASE-PLEASE-PLEASE SOMEONE TEACH THEM HOW TO TIE A NOOSE PROPERLY SO THAT THERE WILL BE NO MORE FAILURES!!!

Victoria

Ugh how terrible was that 911 operator. Show some compassion.. or get laid. do something!

Big Mac

Forget the story on Amber.....the focus should be on how much of a biotch the dispatcher was! Very unprofessional, cranky and downright rude!!!!! Trust me, I "get" that she is trying to gather info, but a little less attitude and a little more clarity in her questioning is needed.

eve