Round 1 In 'Men' Lawsuit

Goes to Warner Bros.

6/15/2011 12:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Charlie Sheen didnt' get what he wanted from the judge in his "Two and a Half Men" lawsuit against Warner Bros., because a judge would not rule that he's entitled to a public court trial.  But Charlie may get a second bite of the apple.

0615_CHARLIE_THM_BN_TMZ

Charlie is suing Warner Bros. for $100,000,000 claiming the studio had no right to 86 him from the show.

Charlie wanted the judge to rule the arbitration clause in his contract -- which says the dispute would be handled privately, behind closed doors -- is invalid.  But the judge said the arbitration agreement is indeed valid, but left it to the arbitrator to decide if the matter would be resolved in private or in a public courtroom.  So Charlie can press his request for a public trial to the arbitrator.

A Warner Bros. rep tells TMZ, "We're very gratified by the court's ruling enforcing the parties' arbitration agreement."

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Autumn_in_Michigan

P.S. one more penny's worth.....

The ruling about WB's right to withhold syndication money was based on that "right or remedy" being in the contract that Charlie signed with WB. There is no basis for appeal. The right to withhold the money extends to the final disposition of the arbitration.

In other words, NO rerun or 2.5 Men show related money for Charlie at least until the arbitration is complete.

Meanwhile, the bills continue coming due, including the ever-mounting legal bills for what is looking more and more clearly a lost cause for Charlie.

I agree with @pegnew that WBs is in the position to litigate Charlie into the poor house. I cant think of a single reason why they wouldn't do so.

Lifeburn

no right to 86 him from the show? Dude! You are a cocaine addict.

demoncat

good for Warner brothers hope it leads to Charlie eating some crow and learning not to bite the hand that signs his pay checks since Warners was in their right to fire charlie since his actions caused two and half men to not be able to fullfill their episode order. Charlie should face it he may get some compensation from Warner's but in the end he will proably owe Warner's for the chaos he caused.

Sally

Lorre instead of not said anything he said if I should die before Charlie I would be mad . Charle is sick. I hope he get help that he needs.

Minxster

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand??? It ain't over till it's over, TMZ, so don't wet yourselves. LOL Charlie is going to WIN, as he always does and YOU will look as loser, as you always do."

Curses! Foiled again! :)
(With a tip of the hat to Snidely Whiplash!)

ksis

You really are obsessed with me Minxter, huh? Get help. I have ONE post here and you had to answer it. Sick puppy.

BarrysConspiracyWorld

Charlie is a good truther man. The sheens know what went down on 911. Read about it on BCW

Nature Freak

I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available. If you
try it once, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children
will weep over your exploded body.”

Auden, Whitman, Keats, Angelou, and Frost have nothing on the Sheen.

Nature Freak

“I’m not bi-polar, “I’m bi-winning. I win here and I win there.”

C. Sheen 2011

Kenneth D. Frazier

Charlie Sheen doesn't deserve ANYTHING ... He was FIRED because he tried to live the life of his character in REAL Life .... He would disappear for days , holding up production etc ... so what choice did they have especially after what ..THREE or MORE other Chances ... ?

Maybe he can go to an old drunk's and Substance Abusers home somewhere and live his life in his little fantasy world ...

I lost ALL respect for him ..PERIOD !!

Nature Freak

“Resentments are the rocket fuel that lives in the tip of my saber.” (C.Sheen 2011)

Charlie Sheen is truly the Bard of Malibu.

Seth

Keep on Charlie!! The show is YOU!!! We all want sex and love drinking and love GOOD shows!!!! Round 2, let'z c that #Winning XD

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5