Jennifer Lopez

I Might Not Return to 'Idol'

6/15/2011 5:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Just when "American Idol" seemed stable again ... Jennifer Lopez has announced she's "on the fence" about returning to the show next season ... because she's just so damn busy.

0615_jlo_BN_Getty_01

J.Lo explained the whole thing to BBC Radio -- saying, "I haven't been forced to make a decision and I'm glad about that because honestly I'm very on the fence about it."

Lopez added -- "I loved it, but I have a lot of other things happening, and it's going to come down to me making a choice of what I want to do for the next year."

One of those "other things" J.Lo is working on is her OWN singing competition show with hubby Marc Anthony -- called "Que 'Viva!: The Chosen". The show will focus on undiscovered vocal talent in Latin America.

FYI -- J.Lo reportedly made $12 MILLION for her role as a judge on AI this season.
0615_lopez_idol_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Dakota

I like JLo but her presence on Idol was useless. I am a HUGE Aerosmith and Steven Tyler fan, but once the auditions were over, he was not a judge, but a cheerleader. Randy, well Randy has become a trite, aggravating shadow of his former judging self. You don't have to be mean to be a judge, just knowledgable and honest.

The reason people like James Durbin were so full of themselves is that no one every told them where they should/could improve. Show business is HARD, few actually make it, and when you go into it post Idol, you have to understand the struggle and pitfalls. JLo did not do her job, so I hope they find someone who will.

isaywhatiwant

i hope she leaves...she is too boring...i miss Paula and Simon, it was more entertaining. She is just using the show to have her fame...n 12 millions dollars????? come on!!!!! she doesn't deserve it...she is money hungry....she should pay to be on that show lol she is a bad judge, she can't sing....

MyOpinionOnly

Yeah, so now that Idol pimped you out and your "career" is back up you wanna ride the wave off of them. I hated her from the second they chose her and it made me sick how they constantly shoved her down our throats. I think GOOD RIDDENCE! Just like with Paula...they show is not about YOU but about the talented contestants. This beyotch can go ride that wave for the next couple of months until it finally drowns her. Hate JLo and hope to god they drop her big, fat butt!!!

Anonymous

I'll go on Jennifer Lopez' facebook wall later tonight. And other websites that have about Jennifer Lopez and American Idol. From George William Gockel.

Bec215

In other words, now that she's gotten her career back, she's biting the hand that fed her.
Classy, Lopez.

fairoaks

season 10 should have been the end of this show...

ilovejlo

gosh all of u are freaks..JLO is the most amazing judge on idl...i want her backk

WhiteLatifah

Good i hope she doesn't come back cause SHE CAN SING FOR S___T...
i duno why they picked her in the first place SHE SUCKS A$$

Nunya Business

Does La J-Lo realize that if not for AI she'd still be producing lower than low quality clothing NO one was buying? Her ego surpasses her no-talent persona. J-Lo?...Get a clue!

What'saname?