« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Canucks Fan Takes Flash Grenade TO THE CROTCH

6/16/2011 8:43 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sometimes rioting can blow up in your face ... or in the case of this Vancouver Canucks fan ... it can blow up in your junk instead.061611_flashbang_still

tmz-top-comments-banner
eva eva

Being a Canadian, I am embarassed and shocked by the actions of the young people that have shamed our country with their behavior. I think there would have still been the same outcome if Vancouver had won, I hope the police throw the book a these hoologans when caught! BTW, Congrats to Boston, game well played!

Jennifer Chow Jennifer Chow

I’m sure I can speak on behalf of many Vancouverites. This is truly an embarrassing moment in Vancouver the World has to witness. Unfortunately it was a large group of young men & women who had intentions of doing this no matter what the outcome of the game was. Can you imagine the horror for the parents who witnessed their child on the news behaving in this manner? Teach them a lesson and call the police because you're doing them a favor.

Lu Lu

Lends new meaning to the term, "Firecrotch."

tmz-top-comments-banner
I'm not anyone I'm not anyone

As a Canadian, I am ashamed of these "people"!

Rotter Rotter

Great balls of fire!!!

UDntNo UDntNo

It is a GAME folks (Canadians), get over yourself.

eva eva

Jennifer Chow Jennifer Chow

I'm sure I can speak on behalf of many Vancouverites. This is truly an embarrassing moment in Vancouver the World has to witness. Unfortunately it was a large group of young men & women who had intentions of doing this no matter what the outcome of the game was. Can you imagine the horror for the parents who witnessed their child on the news behaving in this manner? Teach them a lesson and call the police because you're doing them a favor.

Lu Lu

Lends new meaning to the term, "Firecrotch."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

sarah

Bryan Adams is somewhere in a corner shaking his head in disbelief that his peaceful culture could be capable of doing such things- especially to their own people. It cuts like a knife.

Jonny Canuck

Wow JohnnyBoy. It is sad that your entire world revolves around hockey. The fact that you feel that a team (made up of a large number of Canadians) can define you as a country just shows the shallow depths of your nation. Our population is small--you are righ--and thank God for that! Less peoplpe living in poverty means a better economy, less crime etc. But I am sure you would not understand that concept either. As for Celine...you can keep her. No one up here in the Great White North wants any claim to her.

JohnnyBoy

Dave...for the love of Anne Murray it was a joke...go back to your The Kids in the Hall reruns and leave us maladjusted joksters alone before you have an aneurysm.

Jonny Canuck

Oh, and it is intersesting that you skipped right over the news articles about the Lakers and Red Sox riots--you know, the ones where cars were set on fire, the girl was killed etc?

Jessica

WHAT IDIOTS!! those canucks are a DISGRACE!

Dave

@JohnnyBoy: Don't be so sensitive all of a sudden. I don't care who's north of whom. I just thought you might like to learn something interesting about the USA. I certainly thought it was interesting when I went to school.

Megan

For the record, none of these people are actually from vancouver, and everyone in the city is appalled and embarrassed. What no outlet is showing is the fans applauding the Bruins win and our teams performance this season, and the fact that all Vancouver citizens are cleaning up after the trash went back to wherever they came from yesterday. Vancouver did not riot yesterday, just a bunch of losers from other cities.

Creighton Chun

FIRE CROTCH! I thought this was an article on Lindsay Lohan.

KM

Dax, do you still call yourself a Canadian?

JohnnyBoy

Canuckle-heads...I wasn't holding this against the true Canucks fans. Duly noted that, win or lose, some jerks are just out there to create disturbances not to have fun. One note on Canucks fans in the arena - VERY CLASSY when the Bruins were parading the cup. The nicest touch was pumping Dirty Water over the PA. Class Act. Almost all cheers and so many of them stayed to watch the ceremony. You gave a good accounting of yourselves as true hockey fans.

But, us Americans, we're not surprised by the duplicity and hubris of Canadians who are so thin-skinned and assert their society is somehow, what was it: generally polite and peaceful? Scratch under the surface of Canada and drug crime is rampant, and people are simmering as much- or more- than in other western developed countries.

And seriously, while the Boston anthem singers were respectful of the Canadian anthem, the Vancouver equivalent sounded like his bladder bad was about to break as he was rushing through the US anthem...you all deserve your 9 months of winter.

Tara

I would just like to thank the city of Vancouver for making us Canadians look like crazy people (AND sore losers to boot!)

Congrats Boston!

ar

Enough about Canadians already. Do you know that there are 17 Canadians on the Bruins and only 3 Americansm, but 6 Americans on the Canucks! A bunch of stupid kids doing stupid things whether or not the 'Canadian' team lost.

CanucksFan

The IDIOTS and ANARCISTS that did this to our beautiful city are NOT True FANS of the Vancouver Canucks, they came to the event bent on distruction Win or Lose yesterday...they came prepared for doing their destruction...we who are true fans were sad that our Canucks lost but we are TRULY HAPPY for the Boston Bruins and CONGRADULATE them on their win...they truly deserved to win yesterday and Tim Thomas was great. I'm so sad that this is what our beautiful city and country is being known for now...we Canadians are NOT this way...

Please don't think that ALL Canada is like this. The majority of us are very ashamed and dissappointed in what happened in our great Country and City.

Lena Silk

I'm ASHAMED and DISGUSTED of the losers involved in last nights riot. Trust me, these WERE NOT CANUCK fans so please stop with the bull**** comments. Not all Vancouver residents are losers like those punks.
Signed:
by a proud Canadian!

ominous_goo

go to Facebook at look at the Phantom Gourmet has been saying about Canadians along with hundreds of others, hate mongers..all of them. as a Canadian i asked them to STOP making horrible postings about Canada, but they continued.....saying they are within the legal lines to do as they wish!! What about moral lines, do we need more hate in the world. there are still firefighters out in British Columbia who still raise money for the victims of 9/11. Shame on Phantom Gourmet for inciting hate and anger on their facebook page over a hockey game...what's next...i hate to think!!