« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Canucks Fan Takes Flash Grenade TO THE CROTCH

6/16/2011 8:43 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sometimes rioting can blow up in your face ... or in the case of this Vancouver Canucks fan ... it can blow up in your junk instead.061611_flashbang_still

tmz-top-comments-banner
eva eva

Being a Canadian, I am embarassed and shocked by the actions of the young people that have shamed our country with their behavior. I think there would have still been the same outcome if Vancouver had won, I hope the police throw the book a these hoologans when caught! BTW, Congrats to Boston, game well played!

Jennifer Chow Jennifer Chow

I’m sure I can speak on behalf of many Vancouverites. This is truly an embarrassing moment in Vancouver the World has to witness. Unfortunately it was a large group of young men & women who had intentions of doing this no matter what the outcome of the game was. Can you imagine the horror for the parents who witnessed their child on the news behaving in this manner? Teach them a lesson and call the police because you're doing them a favor.

Lu Lu

Lends new meaning to the term, "Firecrotch."

tmz-top-comments-banner
I'm not anyone I'm not anyone

As a Canadian, I am ashamed of these "people"!

Rotter Rotter

Great balls of fire!!!

UDntNo UDntNo

It is a GAME folks (Canadians), get over yourself.

eva eva

Jennifer Chow Jennifer Chow

I'm sure I can speak on behalf of many Vancouverites. This is truly an embarrassing moment in Vancouver the World has to witness. Unfortunately it was a large group of young men & women who had intentions of doing this no matter what the outcome of the game was. Can you imagine the horror for the parents who witnessed their child on the news behaving in this manner? Teach them a lesson and call the police because you're doing them a favor.

Lu Lu

Lends new meaning to the term, "Firecrotch."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Carolyn Munro

I am an East coaster and totally ashamed of Vancouver fans. It;s just a game folks just a game

Just because you lost you do vilent acts like this.!!!! I can just imagine if you won. The city would not be standing I am so ashamed to call you Canadians.

YOU CALL YOURSELVES CANADIANS AND GOOD SPORTS. GROW UP

I PRAY you are all IDed and thrown in jail and huge fines, You are disgusting

I hope you dopeheads and drunks are proud of yourselves today cause rhe rest of Canada sure isn't.

I am realizing there are many good people in Vancouver but this bunch just ruined your good names

anadi

Violence on the ice for 7 ''SMASH AND GRAB''hockey games ,sanctioned by the ''GOONS'' that run the NHL, has translated into the ''SMASH AND GRAB'' GOON mentality of rabid ''HOCKEY FANS''in ''GRANOLA CRUNCHING''Vancouver.

What in ''HELL''did Vancouver expect, when they set up JumboTron T.V. , porta pottys for these imbicles to crap in, and invite 100,000 of them to come on DOWNTOWN and have a ball.

I say BLOCK THE DOWNTOWN OFF, LET THE PAYING CUSTOMERS WATCH THE GAMES LIVE IN THE ARENA, AND THE REST CAN GO WATCH WHEREVER SUITES THEM......LET THEM RIOT IN THIER OWN HOVELS.

The excuses the City of Vancouver, The VPD ,and the Premier are making are pathetic.....They don't have the fortitude to admit thier collective mistakes and make it known what they intend to do about them.

Havelton

Involved in a riot? Throwing stuff? Overturning cars? Setting fire to stuff? Looting?

Cops should forget flashbangs and rubber bullets.

Live ammo, aim center mass. End it then and there.

Amanda Scheller

YEAH NUGGET!

Lorrie

It would be a huge misjustice if us Vancouverites, and Canadians, were judged on the actions of a few losers that were determined to make trouble no matter what. Trust me, we are all in a state of shock over last night's events and DO NOT condone what happened. A few losers have taken the shine off of our city and for that we are angry, ashamed, embarrassed and so disappointed. And our team the Canucks, deserve better than this for their amazing run up to the Cup. Thank you Canucks for an exciting ride, and congratulations Boston on a well-earned win! Hopefully the rest of the world understands that those few as----- don't represent who we really are.

I Chinee

What is a Vancouver Canuck? I have no idea what that is lol.

Cujeaux

This comes as no surprise. I believe what some Vancouverites are saying, that this was going to happen either way. It was a way to steal the Bruins thunder in winning the championship.
It was a display not only of the fans poor sportsmanship, but also their sense of entitlement, that hockey is somehow Canada's sport and no american team has a right to defeat them.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Canada should not be allowed in our pro sports leagues until they clean up their act!

UpsideDownTire

TMZ is lame. Trash and incomplete reporting.

Diggy

So what? At least after he burned his schlong he got himself some free canadian healthcare. Burn your wiener here, pre-existing condition. Or a call from Gloria Allred.

Everyones~A~Star

I am embarrassed by this and this Canadian wants to apologize to the visiting team. It is incredibly embarrassing to to see the beautiful city of Vancouver on TV with cars flaming in the streets while Hockey fans everywhere are watching. That we were playing a team representing a city in another country just makes this worse. We were all raised better then that. When we play hockey (or any other sport) we thank the other team for a good game and shake hands, we are taught this from birth. This goes against everything we were raised up to believe in. That is not hockey. I have drank some beer in my time but I can never be drunk enough to think lighting cars on fire is ok. You idiots have truly humiliated and embarrassed us all. I am so sorry we were such poor hosts to Boston and I hope this doesn't cloud their celebration too much. I hope all the Canadians who came in contact with the Boston players afterwards cheered like crazy so they know we were happy for them despite the idiots in the street. You have one hell o*****oalie and well deserve the Stanley Cup! The Mounties are gonna hunt the entire lot of them down. The courts are going throw the books at em. You should be ashamed of yourselves, you've embarrassed your entire nation.

Lauren

I just don't understand what point people are trying to get across when they riot and cause destruction to things that have absolutely nothing to do with what they are mad at. Like "ahhh I'm so mad we lost I am going to smash this banks windows that has no affliation to the nhl and set this random persons car on fire" like wtf lol it would make more sense to go flip the hockey players cars (I am not saying they actually should haha) It is just stupid. The police should have been more prepared though, as I am in Calgary and we all knew that something like this would happen.

Jim

Too bad people wouldn`t be as concerned with the U.S.`s foreign policies or the state of our planet.

Bubby26

This is to everyone living outside Vancouver: these select few ignorant punk morons DO NOT represent the majority of Vancouverites. They are not sore losers because they really never cared about the outcome of the game anyway, they came with the intention of wreaking havoc. Would a true fan show up at the game with a hammer, face scarf and gasoline? I implore international watchers to look past this embarrassing bulls**t. We still are and always will be the amazing city we introduced the world to at the Olympics. Despite how it looks, true Canucks fans are proud of their amazing season and offer congrats to the Bruins.

Rogue Warrior

This is EXACTLY what happens to people when they're confined to their homes for too long because they live where the weather suks! FACT!

Josephina

Hi Vancouver,

Please apologize to the rest of Canada for being douchebags and making us all look bad. I'm sorry your hockey team sucks.

kthanx