« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Canucks Fan Takes Flash Grenade TO THE CROTCH

6/16/2011 8:43 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sometimes rioting can blow up in your face ... or in the case of this Vancouver Canucks fan ... it can blow up in your junk instead.061611_flashbang_still

tmz-top-comments-banner
eva eva

Being a Canadian, I am embarassed and shocked by the actions of the young people that have shamed our country with their behavior. I think there would have still been the same outcome if Vancouver had won, I hope the police throw the book a these hoologans when caught! BTW, Congrats to Boston, game well played!

Jennifer Chow Jennifer Chow

I’m sure I can speak on behalf of many Vancouverites. This is truly an embarrassing moment in Vancouver the World has to witness. Unfortunately it was a large group of young men & women who had intentions of doing this no matter what the outcome of the game was. Can you imagine the horror for the parents who witnessed their child on the news behaving in this manner? Teach them a lesson and call the police because you're doing them a favor.

Lu Lu

Lends new meaning to the term, "Firecrotch."

tmz-top-comments-banner
I'm not anyone I'm not anyone

As a Canadian, I am ashamed of these "people"!

Rotter Rotter

Great balls of fire!!!

UDntNo UDntNo

It is a GAME folks (Canadians), get over yourself.

eva eva

Jennifer Chow Jennifer Chow

I'm sure I can speak on behalf of many Vancouverites. This is truly an embarrassing moment in Vancouver the World has to witness. Unfortunately it was a large group of young men & women who had intentions of doing this no matter what the outcome of the game was. Can you imagine the horror for the parents who witnessed their child on the news behaving in this manner? Teach them a lesson and call the police because you're doing them a favor.

Lu Lu

Lends new meaning to the term, "Firecrotch."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

right straight

I feel for the innocents that were injured,otherwise who cares...everyones whining about Vancouvers image? This can happen anywhere if law enforcement isn't prepared.It's no friendlier than other cities, despite the myth.

Kathy

Really stupid (and painful.)

ShaneYYC

Unlike the States, where legal action can be taken for every owie and boo boo, our court system would look at this idiot and laugh him back into whatever hospital ward deals with Concussion Grenades to the sack. The funniest thing is, nobody can say he is not a true Canucks fan... the Jersey (OLD) proves he is.

Rainee

THOSE were NOT canucks fans. We do NOT act like that. Those punks, worms, and disgusting excuses for human beings would have done that whether we won or lost. On behalf of all Vancouverites to DO respect people property and know how to act in public (see last years Vancouver Olympic citizens, the thousands who volunteered their time to make it perfect), I apologise.

During the Olympics there were anarchists who planned on causing destruction. Those same people showed up last night and started the whole mess.

They deserve nothing but jail. Theirs, and the punks who followed suit, do not represent us. I am a canuck fan. I will be for life. I do not riot, or throw hatefulness towards Boston.

Again, I stress, those were NOT canuck fans rioting. If anything they are last minute bandwagon jumpers and I refuse to be lumped in with their lot!!

PRO US

jim about an hour ago

The frustration of Canadians because they don't matter in the world.. Hockey is the only thing they can cling to for recognition and lose at that most of the time as well lol
--------------------------------------------------------------
@jim:

Most of the players on the Boston Bruins are Canadians. You don't have the foggiest idea what you're talking about. Canada beat the USA at the Olympics in the Gold Medal game. Most of the players on the Vancouver Canucks are Canadians too. Most of the players in the NHL are Canadians too.

Canada supplies more oil to the USA than any other country including Saudi Arabia.

Canada is in the G8. That means Canada is one of the 8 most important economies in the world.

The USA trades more every year (in total dollars) with Canada than any other country in the world.

You don't know squat about Canada. You're ignorant, jim. So, STFU, idiot.

Del

The frustration of Canadians because they don't matter in the world..
Seriously? You are going to insult a whole country based on the actions of a few? If I was like you I could say something like, 'no wonder you're the most hated nation on Earth with that kind of arrogance.' But I'm not like you and I would never slam an entire country (or race, religion, sexual preference, etc.)full of awesome people, based on the actions of a few. You need to step away from the T.V. and get a life. Based on your logic what was the cause of the rioting after Katrina? How do you explain the looting, raping and murdering that happened after Katrina? What were these Americans so frustrated about that they engaged in such carnage after the heart-wrenching sorrow that was Katrina?

Del

"The frustration of Canadians because they don't matter in the world.." Is that anything like the frustration of Americans because they are hated the world over? And you wonder why.

Jennifer Chow

chichifroglegs

lol I bet he thinks twice before he goes rioting again.

Carrie

These are not Vancouver Canuck fans. They are a few idiots. I hope that all you people out there are not judging Vancouver over this. If you have been there you know that this is not how Vancouver should be depicted. It is a beautiful place with great people!!! There are alway a few rotten eggs in every bunch.

Andrea

It looks good on him! If he was a real fan he would have been at home mourning our loss instead of standing on the street in the middle of a riot. They should ALL have been shot - literally.

MigraineMomma

Ouch..

billproject

Kids in the house now! lock the doors and windows ... whatwhat? its not here in Montreal? hmm..... ok ?!?! Really? Did Montrealer go to Vancouver for the game?

Spencer

tim thomas carried boston. i'm from vancouver and i'm glad this ****** got hit in the nuts. all these rioters are skids from out of town. true van city/canuck fans would never do that to our own city.

peoplearesilly

How funny -- idiot deserves it. Why is a sporting event worth rioting over? Craziness. Sorry for Canada that a few STUPID idiots make bad press for your wonderful country.