Celeb Settles 'Herpes Lawsuit' for Millions

6/20/2011 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The A-list celebrity "of substantial fame internationally" who allegedly gave a Las Vegas visitor herpes has settled the case for just over $5 million ... sources connected with the case tell TMZ.

0617_herpes_vegas_ex

We broke the story ... the plaintiff in the case claims the celeb -- a male who is referred to as John Doe in the lawsuit -- allegedly lured him/her to a hotel room and gave assurance he was STD free.

The plaintiff claims what followed was "mutual oral copulation, mutual self-gratification, rubbing and massaging each other, play-wrestling, licking and [unprotected] intercourse."

The plaintiff claims the entire affair was videotaped.

According to the suit, the celeb knew all along he had herpes, and transmitted it to the plaintiff.

We're told Keith Davidson, the lawyer for the plaintiff, has been negotiating with the defendant even before the suit was filed last month. The case settled last week.

So we'll never know the identity of the A-list herpes celeb.

Hollywood beware.

Valencia J. Linder

"The A-list celebrity "of substantial fame internationally"?! Since when does TMZ shy away from naming names?! Either tell us who this "A-list celebrity" is or remove the post! Don't protect this disease-ridden whore!! I want to know who this person is! Aw, hell -- just tell us it's Lindsay Lohan, already!

Jacks

Tom Cruise!!!!!

M Campbell

HELLO!!! CAN ANYONE ADD??? The HILTON's take out a $10 million dollar equity. Paris is ALWAYS in Vegas!! The dude does not wear a rubber??? You can't pull 5+ million out just like that... takes a little time when you gotta ask "daddy" and "mommy" equity was approved two-three weeks ago? Now this law suit is settled, and the celeb will never be known??? PLEASE!!!! PARIS.... I WANNA SEE YOU GO TO THE DOCTOR!!!!!! What are the Hilton's doing with that $10 million? A kitchen makeover? TRY VEGAS COVER-UP ... ~~~~

asdf

I have herpes and never used a condom with over 25 women and they are fine probably.

JoeFrancis

Anon, please do what you do best and find out for us...Thanks.

SOny SUCKS!

sherendipity

Imagine that, a celebrity lying about something. (is my sarcasm showing?)
She's just as much at fault as he is.

IMGOOFY

It's UNPROTECTED sex with a STRANGER.... should get NOTHING! So, a STRANGER to you says "oh baby, believe me..." and you DO?? HAHA, nice! IDIOT!

DuesX

Odd my first two guesses were Shaq and Leo D.

Something about "A list celebrity" stands out, really shortens the list for me, it is someone big and wealthy, who is obviously married or has good reasons to not want to be seen as gay, as can be seen by the "She" typo.

Jim C
Tom C
Travolta
Justin T
Are all good answers to me though.
Could simply find out who was in town at the time who would be considered A List and would have that kinda cash.

debschira

@CM i figured that out when i read "play wrestling" and mutual self gratification, i knew two men! ya don't "play wrestle" with a girl you get right down to business. i think??

debschira

it's ot John Travolta

debschira

u guys are being so mean to each other. God Bless Ryan Dunn and be with his Family especially Angie. AMEN

Joe

My prime suspect is Tim Allen. Reason: He has a ton of money from Home Improvement, plus being the voice of Buzz Lightyear. Easily in excess of $100 million.

On April 1st, 2nd, 8th and 9th he did shows at the Venetian hotel, which would probably have a pretty impressive presidential suite.

Hes been divorced, and I believe his current marriage is on again/of****ain.

The only thing I cant seem to confirm is if he lives in L.A. And if hes an A-list celebrity. I dont consider him one, but perhaps the woman did.

Hes been an actor for quite a few years, so I can imagine someone wanting to break into hollywood would consider him A-List.

Just my 2 cents.

Linda

When I read this I automatically thought it was a male who got herpes. Not sure now...... But really, who cares? Anyone that has unprotected sex these days is just an idiot and should not have gotten a dime!!

Bouncey

It's Lil Wayne people. That was on Sandrarose.com a few weeks ago!

debschira

EVERYBODY SHUT UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DID YA STOP AND THINK U COULD BE SUED FOR SAYING ITS HIM OR HIM ETC.? THAT'S HOW RUMORS GET STARTED. AND PEOPLE'S LIVES GET DISTORTED. TMZ TAKE DOWN THE DAMN POST BEFORE THESE PEOPLE KILL EACH OTHER!!!!!