Ryan Dunn -- Autopsy Underway

6/20/2011 3:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned the Chester County Coroner is currently conducting an autopsy on Ryan Dunn ... to determine, among other things, if alcohol played a role in the "Jackass" star's death.

Ryan Dunn Cause of Death
In addition, we're told the coroner is performing an autopsy on Ryan's unidentified passenger -- who was also killed in the fatal car crash this morning.

As we previously reported, friends claim Ryan had upwards of six drinks before getting behind the wheel ... and driving off a Pennsylvania highway.

So far, no word on when toxicology results will be released.

Twan

Everything that has come from this one event is completely saddening. 2 people are dead. Period. Instead of mourning the loss of an entertainer, people are arguing and insulting each other. Funny how people judge each other, when no one can be right.
Point is, the only people who know how much he drank as of now, was himself, and anyone else that was beside him the entire night. Talk about being innocent until proven guilty.

Funny thing about opinions though...... everyone has one.

prince

Some people are saying on Tweeter that TMZ reports that his death was a joke for the next Jackass. I wi***** were true but I do not think it is.

BigPaul

Ryan was not driving from the reports I am getting. Also according to friends of Ryan Dunn on twitter, Zac Hartwell is the other person deceased.

BigPaul

According to Bam and Ryan's friends on Twitter, Zac Hartwell was the other person in the vehicle. Also new reports are suggesting Ryan was not driving.

Elizabeth

I live near West Chester and it is being reported that the passenger was Zachary Hartwell. http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/entertainment&id=8200859

Mrs. Quintero

Geez, the people on here are heartless and mean. What many don't know is that many of the Jackass guys are clean and sober and take great pride in this. I'm sure that they will not allow Ryan's death to be in vain and will use this as an opportunity to talk openly about the dangers of drinking and driving. I, personally, am a huge fan. Ryan was always my favorite. People would not look at me and think I'd see the Jackass movies, two, three, and sometimes four times in the theatre, but I love it. Ryan always stuck out the most to me. I'm sad that I'll never get to meet him.

JohnStooart

See what happens when you don't buckle-up?

Darla

Zachary Hartwell was a stunt driver. He worked on "Minghags".

harley99

pardon the pun..but what a jackass drinking and driving.. i have no sympathy for these "celebrities" who have all this money, yet cant be responsible to get a taxi/chauffeur if they know they are going to be drinking.. there is no reason for this sensless accident let alone him taking someone elses life along with him

Dustin

John Stooart buckle yourself into a frying pan, fatass!

DogFace

I like you to know how shocked and sorry I am to hear of Mr. Ryan Dunn death. Know matter how it happened, I was still taken by surprise by his sudden passing.

I have hired national acts for over three decades and I will never forget his immense capacity for helping other people have fun. I booked his crew twice and I have never personally enjoyed anyone's company more or laughed harder. Ryan was not pretentious, if you have seen his rider, there was nothing on there you could not buy for $20. bucks at 7-11.

Though his loss is painful to his family and friends, you have much to be proud of. How many of the haters on here will that be said of?

blackbird

he is not dead wow that was a good pranks though hahaha

Nicole

REGARDLESS...,
TRAGIC ENDING...,
DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE...,
REMINDS ME OF JAMES DEAN WITH THE EXCEPTION A PASSENGER INVOLVED..,
AGAIN.., THE BOTTOM LINE..,
DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE....
HEARTFELT SYMATHY TO ALL THE FAMILY'S INVOLVED !

toxictamale

autopsy huh?....hmmm...natural causes..hmmmm

mjl

If he and his friend were driving in a kia this would have never happened.