Ryan Dunn -- Beer and Shots Before Crash

6/20/2011 10:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Jackass" star Ryan Dunn spent four hours in a Philadelphia-area bar before he got behind the wheel of his Porsche 911 this morning ... drinking at least 3 beers and 3 shots ... TMZ has learned.

Ryan Dunn

Dunn arrived to a bar called Barnaby's of America in West Chester, PA around 10:30 PM ... to hang out with a small group of male friends.

One of the friends tells TMZ ... Dunn had 3 Miller Lites and 3 "girly shots" between 10:30 PM and 2:10 AM -- nearly a 4 hour span -- but he was "not too drunk to drive."

But according to another person who was inside the bar that night, Dunn was "wasted" -- and "had a lot to drink."

As TMZ previously reported, Dunn crashed his Porsche soon after -- killing himself and an unidentified passenger.  Cops believe speed may have been a factor.

Suzabella

Any one who is sympathetic in the death of this man is an idiot. How would you feel if he had run into a relative or freind of yours? Feel bad now for him now? I am sad for his family, NOT HIM.

Bert

Friends don't let themselves and others get killed by a drunk jackass!

Steph

Having ANY amount of alcohol and then driving is too much. Don't care if it's one swig of weak beer or 50 shots of vodka, to have a drink then get behind the wheel of a car is idiotic.

Get Real

drinking and driving is stupid yes but to say this man deserved it is out of order he didnt deserve to die! u hartless C**Ts.
R.I.P ryan dunn!

Brett P.

I love the high horse people sit on with the anonymity that the internet creates. No one and no one's family deserves to have this happen- no matter what mistake they may have made. Saying he deserved this whatsoever makes you a sick person.

cecedawn

I think its messed up wat everyone is sayin! You dnt even kno for a fact if he was drunk, and for yall to say he deserved it...... COME ON NOW! I think yall f**ked up for that one! And these comments are probably coming from some lil kids that do this **** every weekend! RIP Ryan Dunn.... You will be sadly MISSED by many!

Jordan

dube blu yu are a ****

Digggga BoB

R.I.P.

Molassis

I do not feel empathy in this situation however I do feel it is a very SAD situation. IF he made the CHOICE to drink and drive then with his choice came the consequence...

I have worked wrecks that involved drunk drivers and let me tell you they are NOT pretty. It is usually the ones in other cars, not drinking and driving, that pay the highest price. At least no innocent person suffered in this accident.

The passenger was not innocent as well for his CHOICE was to ride with someone who was possibly under the influence. He put himself in the hands of a possible drunk driver, that was his choice.

We all pay for the choices that we make... whether that be good or bad choices... PLEASE MAKE THE CHOICE TO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE.

For all the ones shouting and cursing... you show your own ignorance... please learn to spell.

Matilda Marsh

He is a murderer. A dead one, but a murderer just the same. He killed an innocent passenger. If he had lived, he'd be serving time in prison and rightly so. No sympathy for this drunken jackass.

Patsie Dillon

I cannot believe the audacity and cruelty of anyone (ictboy) saying he deserved his own death. As for Roger Ebert, he should know that some things are better left unsaid. Who cares what your assertions are or beliefs. Two people have died way too soon in their lives. Now, would everybody shut up and look at your own lives and I hope you love what you see!

Alice

There are no cab companies in West Chester at all. It is ridiculous that a college town with tons of bars does not have a cab company to minimize drunk driving. Governments argue they want people to be safe and not drink and drive but offer no alternative such as public transportation or cab companies. There is a cab company in West Chester but it stops running at 7pm. Really helpful.

Tom W

R.I.P. Ryan Dunn. You will be missed. i cant believe something like this would happen. tv will never be the same. i wont be able to watch my jackass dvd's anymore.. it just wont feel right.

Tina

You don't have to feel sorry for the drunk driver (if that's even the case, innocent until PROVEN guilty) but how about having a bit of respect for the passenger and both sides of the family, friends, and fans. It's a tragedy any way you look at, that is if you're human.

Bonnie

Y'all should not be happy/rejoicing that someone died, Ppl make dumb mistakes sometimes, but that's just what they are, MISTAKES!!! I'm sure he didn't wake up that morning and think, "I believe I'm gonna go drinking tonight and kill myself and my buddy" Lighten up folks and have some respect for his family friends and fans that might be reading these postings. :(