Ryan Dunn PICTURED Before Crash -- Warning Signs?

6/21/2011 8:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Roughly two hours before "Jackass" star Ryan Dunn crashed his Porsche and died Monday morning ... he posed for pics with fans in a Philly-area bar ... glassy-eyed and flushed.

0620_last_ryan_EXC_v2_Launch
The pics show Ryan and his friends drinking at around 1 AM at a bar called Barnaby's of America in West Chester.

After downing at least 3 beers and 3 shots in 4-hours ...Ryan hit the road in his Porsche 911 GT3.

At around 2:38 AM, Ryan crashed -- killing himself and his passenger, Zach Hartwell.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Nancy Nancy

One of my closets female friends can drink 6 beers in 30 mins and still be sober. Each persons alcohol tolerance is different. You don't know that he was wasted. Wait on the coroner's report before you start blasting people. Some of the comments on here are just mean and spiteful, maybe one day someone you love will die in an accident and then you won't be so quick to judge.

Allison Allison

Ryan didn't look drunk in those pictures. Just like he was having a good time.

Peta Vale Peta Vale

What a bunch of tossers some of you people are.I'm pretty sure Ryan didn't get into his car and say to himself "right i'm gonna die today and take a mate with me.He may or may not of made an error of judgement no-one is sure of that yet.People make mistakes and i'm pretty sure none of you are perfect.2 young lives were lost on monday and that in itself is a tragedy.To all you haters and sickos out there fnck off and find something else to hate like yourselves which is probably true seen as though you have no compassin for these dudes. RIP Ryan and friend you will both be sorely missed.Life cut too short.xoxo

tmz-top-comments-banner
Nancy Nancy

Allison Allison

Ryan didn't look drunk in those pictures. Just like he was having a good time.

Peta Vale Peta Vale

Hoopee Hoopee

He looks 100% Totally wasted. There is no way he should have driven a car. Pride is a sin when you let it keep you from making the right choices in life. Sorry to see you go Ryan, but you did this to yourself. No one else to blame.

MightyMad MightyMad

There's no accident here. It sure is a tragedy, but, when you drink and drive, you shouldn't be able to crash your car and call it an ccident. You'll be miss, Dunn... but, man, what a stupid way to die.

Osiris Reborn Osiris Reborn

If it turns out he wasn't over the limit, a lot of you are going to look like fools. If it turns out he was, a lot of you are going to look like fools. Patience.. children.. the toxicology report will be up for grabs before ya know it..

blakek14 blakek14

TMZ what type of camera was used to take the pictures? Is it the poor quality camera causing the redeye? He is laughing in the main picture and it is possible to laugh so hard you cry, that might be the cause for the glassy-eyed appearance?

jpm4444 jpm4444

The toxicology will tell. People saying he is or isn't drunk are ridiculous. the tests will tell

tgrfan42069 tgrfan42069

LOL 34 year old man gets plastered then drives.yet people find reason to defend him.he was a grown ass man he knew the consequences now he faced them.his family is the ones suffering in this time.i feel bad for them.but i cant feel sorry for someone who knowingly got behind the wheel drunk and got killed.

yo

Ryan Dunn HAD NO RESPECT.

HE KILLED HIS PASSENGER.

HE WAS DRUNK

ENOUGH FACTS ARE OUT.

STOP DEFENDING HIM, EVIL JACKASS LITTLE FANBOYS.

DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE.

Lindsay this means you too.

Allison

Ryan didn't look drunk in those pictures. Just like he was having a good time.

Shaddie

The only thing messed up is that there are so many people that support this jackass. Guys, he killed someone because he was trashed and driving drunk. Being a professional jackass doesn't excuse that. Respect? What about his own disrespect for the life of his passenger? He deserves the disrespect because he truly does epitomize what a JACKASS is. Stupid SOB right here. 120mph after shots and beers with innocent victim in car equals JACKASS. Murderer.

zumi

Firstly...my deepest condolensces to this man's family and friends! Secondly...what is wrong wth you people at TMZ!I have to admit I always felt a bit guilty about reading most stories on this site ( I guess it was a guilty secret you don't want to admit to others ) but this time it's enough! Where is the respect not only for the man who has passed but his family. Your speculations ( and that is all they are ) and your posting photos of his final days...despicable. I only hope that Karma does not hit you for your families' sakes. But at least I no longer have to visit your site...thanks for bringing me to my senses.

Liam

So insulting him, his family and the people who care about him is totally justified because drinking and driving is wrong? Yeah, it was a mistake, but to go as far as personal insults? That's pretty immature.

Home Skillet

I am definitely not one to lecture against the evils of drinking & driving, so I won't. We all know it's a stupid, selfish thing to do - I feel fortunate that nobody was ever harmed the nights that I chose to drive drunk over just staying put and sleeping it off.

This is a tragedy - not because of Mr. Dunn's celebrity, but because a young man and his friend are now gone. In my humble opinion, three Miller Lites and three shots in four hours is not excessive, especially for a man of his stature and who wasn't new to the game of drinking alcohol.

That being said, however, while he may not have been sloppy drunk, his reactionary time would've been impeded. He would not have been able to react as quickly as he would have had it been 10am and he'd just finished a cup of coffee. Combine that simple fact with reckless speed and unknown variables (did a deer jump out on the road in front of his speeding Porsche,) and the likelihood of his decision to drive while impaired is what culminated in this sad, sad event.

Bottom line, just don't do it, folks. I'd venture to guess there are many of us who, after a few drinks like Ryan Dunn had, would feel "fine" to drive. And, technically we probably would be - on a closed course without unknown variables derailing our plans to a tragic ending. Take a cab ... sleep it off ... don't become another statistic or subject for Roger Ebert to tweet about.

Lastly, if for no other reason, when deciding, picture your mother or your closest loved ones standing over your casket. How distraught would they be? Don't put them through that.

Peta Vale

RIP Ryan and friend you will both be sorely missed.Life cut too short.xoxo

eder

He doesn't look as slammed as I had in my mind, maybe sunburnt rather.

John Paul Smoth

6 drinks in four hours ... that demonstrates he's not the jackass that Roger Ebert made him out to be. A guy his size burns over a unit an hour.

I just hope I can go out in as much style when my numbers up...
RIP Ryan ...

Chaps

So he hung out at this bar partying all the time, only to drive home after having his share of firewater?

Sounds like a recipe for disaster, but he was a big boy with a fast toy.

JD

Innocent until proven guilty. Could be just a guy who got a little too much sun having fun.

yo

At least 6 drinks in four hours

that demonstrates he was MORE than the JACKASS Roger Ebert made him out to be

Ryan Dunn HAD NO RESPECT.

HE KILLED HIS PASSENGER.

HE WAS DRUNK

ENOUGH FACTS ARE OUT.

STOP DEFENDING HIM, EVIL JACKASS LITTLE FANBOYS.

DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE.

Lindsay this means you too.

dunn<3

Ryan Dunn used to chug a bottle of tequila a night when he was on tour with Don Vito. 6 drinks in 4 hours probably wouldn't make him as drunk as everyone is making him out to be.

Dumba$$es

You people are ******* idiots. Dunn did not force this passenger to ride with him. Im sure the person riding with him was there with him all night and knew what kind of condition he was in. Every acting like hes this innocent victim and ****. Look in the ******* mirror hipocrits b/c I guarentee more than half of you running your mouths have at one point drove under the influence of something in your lives and if you havent. Congrats on living your boring as lives the way you do. Dunn lived his life to the fullest and touched many people in his short life compared to the nothingness you all have lived. R.I.P. Dunn and passenger.

VanWilderRyan

Some people are so ******* stupid. Nobody is saying its right to drink and drive nor was it right for Ryan to drink and drive. What I'm saying is Ryan is gone and I know people aren't going to be sitting around in bars on Friday night saying "Oh I was going to drink and drive but since Rodger Ebert said I shouldn't then I won't." Comments like that serve no purpose at this point but to pour salt in the wounds of his friends and family. After Heath Ledger died he didn't say something like "Joker's don't mix prescription drugs." For ******ake's, his body was still warm, keep your stupid comments to yourself.