G4 Network PULLS Ryan Dunn's New TV Show

6/20/2011 3:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The G4 Network has announced it will stop airing all episodes of Ryan Dunn's new TV show, "Proving Ground" in the wake of his death ... effective immediately.

0620_ryan_dunn_proving_groundbn_g4

Dunn had already shot 8 episodes as the star of the show -- which featured the former "Jackass" star recreating famous stunts from TV shows, movies and video games.

According to Deadline.com, the show got off to a slow start ... with only 31,000 viewers tuning in to the Tuesday premiere.

A rep for G4 explained, "The show will not be airing for now and discussions are underway re future plans."

G4 released a statement saying, "All of us at G4 are shocked and deeply saddened by the tragic news that Ryan Dunn has passed away. Ryan’s comedic wit and signature no-holds-barred approach made him an incredible talent and his work on G4’s 'Proving Ground' was flawless."

al

thoughts go out to ryans closest and dearest!!!god bless through this horrible time LONG LIVE RYAN!!!!the jackass:(

JeZeBeL

They need too let it stay on air!! its what he lived for, nd it wasnt really put out there that he was on it other wise im sure many of ppl would of watched it!

Genuis

I think it's Porsche's fault. If you break the back end loose... good luck chuck!

Nick

G4 U CAN SUCK IT. They posted this also on facebook "G4 is shocked and saddened by the tragic news that Ryan Dunn has passed away. We extend our heartfelt condolences to his family and friends."

joseph doakes

If they are looking for another jackass to replace him, Anthony Weiner is available very soon.

Carl

I'm surprised that they don't seem to be mentioning this on AOTS so far. It just started, but you think you'd lead the show off with this. I hope G4 doesn't pretend like nothing happened.

C.Jackson

R.I.P. Ryan Dunn

Jeff Nelson

JACK ASS - Pretty much sums it up for me. How many people have been hurt with his stupid and irresponsible stunts? He obviously didn't care about himself or others around him and now he is dead and so is his passenger. Keep in mind that he MURDERED his friend.

Jeff Nelson

"having six drinks in four hours didn't play a part..." You're as much an idiot as he was. Do you think maybe drinking and driving clouded his judgement just a little bit? The police blood alcohol test will most likely prove it. He should rest in hell for killing another human being.

nctrnl

G4 is no longer carried by DirecTV. R.I.P. Ryan Dunn you provided me with a lot of years of entertainment.

R

"You gotta see the show, it's a dynamo" well, maybe not.

jpm4444

if their ratings were great, no way they pull the plug on the show.

dave

Ryan Dunn was hilarious and helped get me through the turn of the century along with the rest of the gang on Jackass.....What a shame .God bless his soul,friends,and his family.

Dumba$$es

Wtf G4, I didnt even know this show existed and now I was gonna watch it. But I guess not. The ratings would be off the charts if they play it b/c now everyone wants to see Dunns last videos.

LR

@Norba- that's the funniest thing I've read about this guy's death so far- kudos!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments