« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Raheem Brock Arrest -- Philly Cheesesteak Defense

6/21/2011 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

NFL badass Raheem Brock tells TMZ he did NOT skip out on a restaurant bill in Philly last week -- insisting his arrest was a big misunderstanding stemming from a sudden craving for cheesesteak.

0621_raheem_brock_EX

The Seattle Seahawks defensive end tells us ... the drama began after Raheem, his cousin and a female friend went to the Copacabana restaurant to order some food Thursday night.

Brock says after the group placed the order, Brock's female friend decided she would rather get a cheesesteak from a place across the street ... so she and Brock walked over while Raheem's cousin waited at Copacabana. But when they returned to the Cope ... the waitress wouldn't let them bring the cheesesteak inside.

Brock says his group canceled their food order and left ... thinking everything was cool -- until the cops arrived to the scene and told Brock he'd been accused of running out on the bill.

Brock says he offered to pay $40 for the $27 bill ... but the manager refused to accept payment. Raheem was then arrested on suspicion of theft of services and resisting arrest.

Brock tells TMZ, "While I was in 'cuffs, I explained to the manager that I own restaurants ... and if there's a policy about paying for food that hasn't come out ... then it should have been explained to us before we left."

A rep for the Copacabana had no comment.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Scientific

Owner of the restaurant just wants some Pub...

Carl

Once you place the order and it has been sent to the kitchen, chances are the food is being prepared. So he should have to pay if that happened. I'm not clear on why his offer to pay for it was rejected unless he waited to do it until the cops showed up as a way to avoid getting arrested.

Shawn

How many times have we been to a restaurant and they lose the order or forget it. Can we have the restaurant owner charged with neglect? This whole thing is retarded. I agree with the other guy someone wants publicity, I sure won't visit the place

Matt

I call for a ban on this restaurant!

St Murphy

sounds to me more like someone who likes the philly eagles wanted some retribution on a better player!

Dave

The place is just after publicity. And the guy who wanted to bring in another places food is in need of a reality check.

BarrysConspiracyWorld

Does this guy have that idiot Casey Anthony lawyer?

Bobby

If he owns restaurants, he should know it's not common practice to let people bring food from other restaurants into your place. Also, since he had time to get across the street, get the other food, and get back across the street, they had to be well into preparing his meal, so it's a little late to cancel it.

Northern Lights

Anything to bring business in the door! All I know, is I want a cheesesteak from across the street....

Ed

What can you expect from a NFL badass (read: trash)?

some guy

Slow day at the news office?

yo

Sounds to me like both parties were unreasonable.

BigDizz

The restaurant sucks.Jims cheesesteaks was the right call! Go Birds

Scientific

I'm sure if this guy was white he would have been allowed to pay and move on with his life...

circ

how about a little fact checking? the place is called Copabanana. And hopefully they went to ishkabibbles, soooo much better than jim's!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments