« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Raheem Brock Arrest -- Philly Cheesesteak Defense

6/21/2011 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

NFL badass Raheem Brock tells TMZ he did NOT skip out on a restaurant bill in Philly last week -- insisting his arrest was a big misunderstanding stemming from a sudden craving for cheesesteak.

0621_raheem_brock_EX

The Seattle Seahawks defensive end tells us ... the drama began after Raheem, his cousin and a female friend went to the Copacabana restaurant to order some food Thursday night.

Brock says after the group placed the order, Brock's female friend decided she would rather get a cheesesteak from a place across the street ... so she and Brock walked over while Raheem's cousin waited at Copacabana. But when they returned to the Cope ... the waitress wouldn't let them bring the cheesesteak inside.

Brock says his group canceled their food order and left ... thinking everything was cool -- until the cops arrived to the scene and told Brock he'd been accused of running out on the bill.

Brock says he offered to pay $40 for the $27 bill ... but the manager refused to accept payment. Raheem was then arrested on suspicion of theft of services and resisting arrest.

Brock tells TMZ, "While I was in 'cuffs, I explained to the manager that I own restaurants ... and if there's a policy about paying for food that hasn't come out ... then it should have been explained to us before we left."

A rep for the Copacabana had no comment.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Chelle

Maybe it was his birthday and he thought it was free? NAHHH! Perhaps it was just desserts. This is, after all, the same guy that Philadelphia drafted in 2002 and then cut before season even started. He is just payin' ya all back! (No pun intended)
If he had done it here in Seattle, we would have just given him a raincheck.

-Seattle Resident

Chelle

Maybe it was his birthday and he thought it was free? This is after all, this is the same guy that Philadelphia drafted and then cut before season ended. He is just payin' ya all back! (No pun intended)

Bug

Since he owns restaurants, I wonder if he would be okay with people coming into one of them, ordering food and once it has probably been started to cook, canceling it and then trying to bring food from somewhere else in to be eaten there? I doubt it. I wish I knew where his restaurants were, because I would LOVE to test that theory and see how it works out at one of his places. Just another entitled athlete. I'm glad the owner of the restaurant is putting him on notice in the public.

Bradley

I run a bar, if he owns a restaurant (I take it he is a silent partner), he should know that you can't bring food in from across the street to eat. I can't believe how ignorant people are sometimes. We serve wings and I had to go to a table just the other day because they brought in wings from Buffalo wild wings to eat while their friends ate ours.... This is unacceptable in ANy restaurant people.

What the?!?

It says that one of the people in their party stayed behind so there was no running out of the bill. That's idiotic to call the police over it.

The Neko Nation

Typical is all you can say about this story. Just another self entitled athlete who plays for the NFL. They don't call it the National Felons League for nothing.

pia

Next time go to Gino's, Pat's or Jim's..makes you just want a good Philly cheesesteak. My husband loved Gino.'s with some tasty cakes.

monkeybrains

its called the copabanana not the copacabana you idiots. if they are looking to get people in the door, good luck with that every idiot media outlet has been calling it the copacabana. sorry sammy frank and dean are dead and this is philly not new york. journalists...riiiiiight.

Gina

Copa's food BLOWS!!!!! Was there 2 weeks ago. Place is only good for margaritas. Whoever suggested the Copa should have been in cuffs! Geez...of the gazillion places in town u chose Copa? YUCK!

Joe

I work there and I will say now that him offering to pay ANY amount of money let alone $40 is a BALD FACED LIE. Had he rendered payment he would not have left in handcuffs. He refused to pay for his drinks (we had already taken the food off his bill) and he refused to pay again when the police asked him to. And for the record he went to Iskabibbles not Jim's.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4