Lindsay Shuts Down

Matt Lauer Interview

IN HIS FACE

6/22/2011 12:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan pulled the plug on Matt Lauer last night, just before cameras were supposed to roll for her big sit-down interview.

0622_matt_lauer_lindsay_lohan_ex_getty_2
NBC sources tell TMZ ... Lauer flew to L.A. yesterday, and showed up at Lindsay's Venice loft around 6 PM.

We're told Lindsay was actually in the makeup chair when things went south.  Sources close to Lindsay tell TMZ ... Lauer's team blindsided them by saying the interview would be extremely lengthy because producers were planning to put it on "Dateline" as well as "Today."

Lindsay kicked up her heels, saying she was told it would only be a 15-minute interview, and refused to sit for anything longer.  The two sides began arguing -- to no avail -- and then Matt just packed up and left.

We're told before Lindsay made her decision, she consulted her publicist, Steve Honig, who agreed it was not the right time to do a televised and in depth interview. Once Lindsay decided to call it off,  Honig broke the news to Lauer.

Our NBC sources say producers made it clear to Lindsay and her people before Matt even got on the plane that the interview would be lengthy ... because it was servicing two shows.

Matt was not on "Today" today, and he's just about to land back in the Big Apple.

At least he got some AAdvantage miles out of it.

0811_lindsay_lohan_footer

Ghost Rider

I bet I can beat Lindasy at a race, going at a top speed of 130 miles an hour after a couple of Miller lites and some girly shots. For reals

Just sayn

So what else is news with Lohan...she is a case of nuts, cracking one by one. She is not a starlet any more...she is not a star she is just a BAD GIRL

Vinsetta

The anklet company wants to drop her. Is that her low?

justsayin

Am I missing something ? Why would NBC think anyone would be interested in this person. What a waste of time. I love TMZ. They have a great twisted way to get the point across.

Puckett

ilovegossip about a minute ago
"they'll go easy on her being California and all. She's a celebrity."

This is the mentality of a Lindsay fan... Makes me sad for Lindsay

-----

No honey that's a perfectly logical statement based on facts, that's all. If the past is any predictor of future behavior the CA courts will go easy on her, and you know it.

dreamon

Too upset to do her interview, I guess. Stellar timing by NBC if she had gone ahead.

Grandma Cracker

PUCKETT, I do not share your optimism. She is serving time currently for her VOP and now she violates.......

I don't know, we'll see.....

No wonder she cancelled her interview!

Blood Red Witch

I KNEW she couldnt make it the whole way thru house arrest with out screwing it up! NOW we know why she sent Louer away. If she had done that interview and then THIS came out right after filmining it, it would have been a bigger mess than it already will be. Matt is gonna be all over this tomorrow. Major Fail!

Puckett

justsayin about a minute ago

---

Yes you are missing something. Like the fact that even you couldn't resist reading another Lindsay story then commenting about it. So much for asking "Why would NBC think anyone would be interested in this person"...

Grandma Cracker

NBC IS GOING TO HAVE A HAY-DAY WITH THIS ONE

I'LL BET LAUER WILL HAVE A BUTTFULL TO SAY ABOUT THIS

AddieTrish

Shes the most ungrateful brat I know! Who the **** is she do put the kabash on an interview!She wouldn't be able to do lines quick enough I guess!

I don't eat chips

breaking news here in LA, Lindsay is to be in court tomorrow for a parole hearing, just saw it on the local news

Puckett

Well i guess this is good news for that degenerate Mel Gibson and his kinky ho. :)

jxtr

Why does anyone want to interview that loser Lindsey Lohan? They knew she was unreliable and a big liar.

Ellie G

Does anyone know what the max sentence is that the judge can give her for violating?