TERRIBLE 7-11 Hit-n-Run Driver Surrenders

6/24/2011 11:39 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The awful, terrible person who crashed into a 7-11 storefront on June 9 -- ran over a 7-11 worker -- and then fled the scene ... has finally turned herself over to authorities.

0624_711_bn_nbc
The driver, 32-year-old Willaisha S. Rankins surrendered to authorities in Philadelphia Friday and is being held on $40,000 bail.

Willaisha's surrender was captured on video by NBC Philadelphia

The security footage of the incident shocked people across the globe -- because after Willaisha smashed the store ... her passenger casually opened the door and walked around the street like everything was hunky dorey.

As for the injured employee -- 24-year-old Gejea Ejeta -- he's reportedly "recovering well" ... but he's unable to return to work.

Chopfooey

Typical negro behavior. She's actually attempting to block the other car from taking her parking spot and loses control when she guns it into the parking space.

I knew it was a black person because only a low-life knuckle dragging monkey would have so little care for another human life.

Puckett

The only thing sensational about this is that they got video of it. Other then that it's just another day in the life of Philadelphians. Nothing unusual about it. Phildephians get in accidents, hurt people, their hood rat passengers bail and they all take off and flee the scene. It happens all to often in Philly. I wonder why i don't live there anymore?

YouDontSay

This happens every time Jane Goodall leaves the compound gates open!

Rob

Another Obama voter...

kristine

trolls! ok now remember folks, DONT FEED THE TROLLS. see thats all they want is to elicit a response, any response they dont give a ****. apparently it does it for them, sad miserable douchebags they are

----------------
Chopfooey 12 minutes ago

----
Lina 9 minutes ago

Typical bl@ck ghetto women!!!

They think they own everything, don't care about anything or anyone, but don't mess with "them" because they will call you racist. I don't care what she went through in her sorry a... life, there is no excuse to run over someone like that, then act like she doesn't give a sh...t and drive away and probably laugh about it! She's not sorry at all!

And for all of you that want to call me "r@cist" I don't care, like you I have freedom of speech and I say what I want like they do most of the time!

Carl

That's a rough 32 years she's had if that's her actual age.

Puckett

Bob less than a minute ago
I'm going to look into my crystal ball and predict she's got five kids by three different daddies and receives food stamps and section 8 housing.

----

Doesn't sound like the profile of a nurse living in Upper Darby...but that's probably an accurate description of her Philadelphia upbringing.

carla

So what is up with the passenger? She kinda just gets out like, "Ok, thanks for the ride...'preciate it...I'm gonna walk from here". WTF?? We just ran into a dude and a building? What? When did that happen?

Puckett

carla 4 minutes ago
-----

First thing Philly's hood rats do when their homeboy hits someone is they all bail from the car and takeoff in different directions for the obvious reasons. They have drugs on them. They have warrants out for them. They're on probation. etc. etc. etc. The driver usually takes off too, either in the car if they can, or on foot if need be.

They know the cops will be on scene soon enough and they don't want to be there when they do show up.

Puckett

Carl 17 minutes ago
That's a rough 32 years she's had if that's her actual age.

----

The peekyou.com search engine has two hits for Willaisha S. Rankins in Upper Darby, one a 32 yr old the other a 42 year old.

She plays fast and loose with her age but yeah she's one rough looking 40-something yr old. lol

Lina

Kristine you are calling me troll because I speak my mind? haha everyone here including you know that what I just said is completely true, the difference is that you guys won't say it. And for the record if you read my message I said typical "GHETTO Black women" I added it the word Ghetto because is True!

Troll = is a person that goes into forums and their main objective is to create controversy.

For One I don't go into forums to create controversy, you can check all my comments!
Second, what I did is give my honest opinion on how I feel about this person like everyone else.
Third, when I said: "you guys can call me a racist and I don't care" I was already reacting, defending my self because in past experiences when someone (anyone) makes a comment about GHETTO black women they get very offensive and use the Racist CARD!

Opinion is not the same as Controversy.

Some people are just ignorant!!! now with this comment you can call me a troll!

Jafo Fubar

To the brain defending her actions: she is a LICENSED nurse as I understand. That means just like a Dr. does, she has a moral standard that she is held to that is higher then the average schmuck. When this gets to court, she is going to get hammered because of it. Why? What is the main goal (theoretically) of the medical field? To prevent and lessen human suffering. This incident would most defiantly be the antithesis of that goal.So forget about her having one "bad reaction to one bad event" argument. Just as a cop who kills/rape/etc. does harder punishment then others; so should she. And she most defiantly deserves our hate and scorn.

And to the racist idiots here: Ever notice how "pure breed" animals are always sick? If you went to school, do you remember in history hearing how the royal families in ancient times, of ANY culture were always emaciated, sickly looking things that died relatively young to their contemporaries? It's because when a bloodline mates strictly within itself, it increases the likelihood of recessive genetic maladies popping up in the babies.

What I saying, which has probably gone over your inbred intellect, is "crossbreeding" among it's subdivisions is the surest way of insuring the survival of a species. That goes for bees, dogs, and people. Ever notice how "mutts" seem to outlive near everybody?

PaulWS

Why is this on TMZ?

Ms. Jennifer

Wow, it doesn't seem like an accident. She backs up then goes forward, slow then fast. Color aside, she did something very wrong, she is lucky she didn't kill the guy. I am sure they were drunk/drugs. But walking/driving away, like nothing happened? That is just says they have bad charcter, and sure aren't good people. I mean when I bump someone while shopping I say sorry. Damn, when did civility go out the door?

eric

since she turned herself in,does this mean shes getting the t-shirt and mug you were offering up? she might need both after they sue her for everything she has.haha