NBC Weathergirl Caught 'Dissing' Al Roker on Live TV

6/24/2011 8:39 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Today's forecast ... DRAMA!!!!!

0624_weather_girl_diss_launch

Local NBC weathergirl Elita Loresca issued an apology live on the air this morning ... after she was caught talking "smack" about Al Roker when she thought her microphone was off.

Loresca said Roker was "such a kook."

She later was clearly forced to deliver a painfully awkward apology.

But here's the deal -- there's nothing wrong with what she said ... AND ... Al is kind of a kook, right?

UPDATE: Al finally tweeted ... apparently, all is forgiven. "So Elita Loresca of KNBC called me a kook during a cut in. I know Elita. She was joking. And some mornings I am kooky. No big whoop."

penny

why appologize? He is pretty querky in my book too...

UNLEVINED HARVEY

a tiny woman with enormous implants

Ben from Baltmore

Al Roker is NO KOOK!!!! Guys, don't be blinded by Elita's large pregnancy breasts, this girl is not qualified to be near a microphone and broadcast equipment because she can't think before she speaks. KNBC should suspend her for a month without pay so that she has time to think about what she said. Al Roker is a more EXPERIENCED meteorologist than her and he can make anybody smile! All Elita can do is give dumb, dirty guys erections.

Sloane

she's clearly not professional
anyone who is, knows better when they have a live mic on
if I were her boss I'd wait for the right time and get rid of her-don't think they can fire her for this

as far as her good friend Al- what do you want to bet she's never met him and would kill for his job on the Today show--she aspires to a network gig and not just her local one--you know she does!

with her reckless comment she's burning her bridges- not behind herself- but while she is still on them!!!

Sloane

and who says/knows for sure she is pregnant?
to me she just looks like she has the same body type as Sherri Shepherd on The View
a breast reduction can be a good thing in some cases

Teresa

I have actually had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Roker, his kids, and his lovely wife Debra Roberts. They are very nice people....so leave Al alone willya???

fran

oh for heavens sakes..what a bunch of nonsense

josh

She should apologize for being sooo fat and ugly and hurting my eyes!

jxtr

Al Roker is a class act, that is why I like him.

Please!

mmmmilky....what was this about again?

Timmy Boy

Arent weather girls suppossed to be "HOT"?
Another point, Isn't she pregnant? I would give her the boot.

gayle

Kind of obvious why they have her on there, huh??? What a ditz. The way she said "what a kook" sounded like she couldn't stand him. Sooooooooooo lame. Look her up on google and you'll see tons of lingerie shots with those size F boobs!!! Total tramp!

some guy

Sounded to me like Al was on a little power trip. "My people!" Did he think he was Gandhi?

LuvLeeRita

Another example of a media driven situation. Who hasn't called someone they know a kook and done it in a fun sense and not meant as an insult. I do it all the time as I've been called a kook a few times in my day (and so what!) I believe Al Roker and Willard Scott are pretty kooky at times. I'm really hatin' on TMZ right now for posting this ridiculous story. It must be a real slow day in news. ARRRRGGGGG!

Shread

Al Roker is a Moron. The guy acts like a 12 year old and is never funny.
Total brown nose and phony as well.