Neil Patrick Harris

On Gay Marriage:

Ready and Waiting

6/25/2011 5:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

New York state legalized gay marriage last night -- and you can expect Neil Patrick Harris to be one of the first in line to get hitched.

0625_neil_patrick_harris_gay_marriage_tweet
NPH and his partner David Burtka have twins together, and Neil tweeted this morning the couple has been engaged for years ... just waiting for it to become legal.

There's no backing out now!

LR

Ever notice the disparity between how gay males are viewed by "men" as opposed to gay females? Gee, I wonder why. Wait, no I don't.

"Girls can wear jeans and cut their hair short, wear shirts and boots, because it's OK to be a boy, but for a boy to look like a girl is degrading, because you think that being a girl is degrading."-The Cement Garden

jack-55d79

Obviously doesn't apply to the above or many people, but that's a good point. I wonder how many people have gotten engaged out of convenience and have now found themselves in a Bertie Wooster like situation. I suppose that's equality ;).

MsRita

CALIFORNIA GAYS STOP COMPLAING YOU HAD A CHANCE TO GET MARRIED AND DECIDED TO WAIT FOR PROP 8 TO PASS.

SO GUEES YOU ARE THE WON THAT ****** UP AND DID NOT GET MARRIED.

WHO FAULT IS IT THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE MARRIED AND SOME ARE NOT IN CALIFORNIA?

I HAND IT OVER TO THE PEOPLE WHO WAITED FOR PROP 8 SO WHO IS CRYING KNOW YOU FREAKING DUMMIES!

LOL YOU COULD BE MARRIED FOR 4 YEARS BY KNOW.

THIS IS JUST TOO FUNNY BLAMMING EVERYONE EXCEPT THE FACT THAT MOST OF THE GAYS IN CALIFORNIA WANTED TO WAITL SO I GUESS YOUR ****** KNOW YOU MADE A CHOICE SO LIVE WITH IT NOT OUR PROBLEM ANYMORE.

Curious

jack-55d79 -

Good thing old Bertie had Jeeves to get him out of it so often, lol.

John

Forget all of these hateful messages from idiots who probably don't even understand their own sexuality. This message from Neil Patrick Harris begins the "Gay Class Wars." The "have" gays verses the "not have gays." This will be an unintended consequence of gay marriage. The current saturation of gay media has reopened dormant hatreds. It's a volitile time in history. The freaks will come out of the woodwork - and I'm not talking about the gays.

MsRita

David Jong 17 minutes ago What if your first cousin's really hot?
GO MARRY HER SINCE GAYS CAN MARRY SO CAN COUSINS, MEN CAN MARRY LITTLE GIRLS AND DOG'S AND CAT'S I GUESS OUR HUSBANDS CAN HAVE MORE THAN ONE WIFE ALSO. LET'T JUST GET EVERYTHING DONE ALL AT ONCE.

some guy

Hmmm think I wanna read more of this Bertie Wooster. Reminds me of me. Well, the rolling around in dough part, anyways.

Curious

David Jong -
PG Wodehouse wrote the Jeeves and Wooster stories, and quite a few others equally humorous.

Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry did the British series of Jeeves and Wooster. You can find snippets on YouTube if you'd like to check it out.

some guy

Oh those wacky Brits... what will they think of next.

@Curious I wasn't able to see all the stuff on Youtube. Does Benny Hill come out at any point?

Curious

David Jong -
Sadly, No Benny Hill.

some guy

Growing up my favorite part of the Benny Hill show would be when they all zip around at the end with that funky theme song. What a perv. Hmm that kinda explains a little about me i think.

Jodi

I would never do anything to harm a gay person because of their choice but I do not think same sex union is natural and never will.

Curious

David Jong -
LOL!
He was a fun perv =D

John

MsRita: When was the last time you had sex? Looks like the aren't even safe at your house.

Bunnymoon

oh screw what that old book says for now I say if a man/man, woman/woman or a man/woman or a man/pillow want to waste their time and money go ahead and jump the broom to divorce! it all ends that way so just because u pick up and black book and spew some old lines! that MAN wrote just take a look at ur own marrige or what marriage u had everyone is cheating or getting divorce or not happy, whats the point anyway? to spend money on a person u are going out live or have out live u a person who is gonna leave u for someone younger or hooker? why even get married if it leads to drink, cheating, lies and tears on the pillow? both people end up hurt and bitter!