Neil Patrick Harris

On Gay Marriage:

Ready and Waiting

6/25/2011 5:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

New York state legalized gay marriage last night -- and you can expect Neil Patrick Harris to be one of the first in line to get hitched.

0625_neil_patrick_harris_gay_marriage_tweet
NPH and his partner David Burtka have twins together, and Neil tweeted this morning the couple has been engaged for years ... just waiting for it to become legal.

There's no backing out now!

David

I just really cant believe the world has become so fcuked in such a short time. I dont understand the mentality of people that say "there is no god" and are able to sleep at night. I guess im from a generation that is dying out and in its place will be a bunch of polesmokers getting married and divorced at an alarming rate. How the hell does a man look down at another mans ass and think, "yo i want to hit that right there!" I feel very confused and find myself asking aloud and often "wtf is wrong with these people, and where did they learn to act like this??" I guess next up will be baby factories on every corner where the gays can go spew in a cup and buy a baby oven (a woman) at a discount rate. This in turn will breed a whole new generation of mentally fckued up people who grow up seeing two men...

Im just at a loss to understand this politically correct zombie nation thinking same sex copulation should be accepted as the norm. All you have to do is look and see that a man and a woman were MADE to fit together. A man has one half of whats needed to make new life while a woman has the other. If gay was the norm and what nature intended why cant men blow children out their azs? I have always been a pretty much live and let live dude but when organizations lobby to make the lifestyle of freaks and homosexuals be crammed down the throats of the human beings that create life and populate our race its just gone too far. They werent happy just to conduct their sick crap behind closed doors they had to come out with rainbow floats and gay out in everyones face and flaunt their sickness. The list goes on and on, hell the only racial slur tolerated now is "cracker" You say f* a*g and you get a fine and must apologize. Anyway in the end you reap what you sow, and we as a species will have our day of reckoning soon enough. Good luck with your anal penetration and brokeback mountain grunting bedroom scenes. Just know you are the vocal minority and will never be accepted among real folks no matter how high you fly your rainbow kite and scream gay pride. Straight Pride!

Slick

People aren't just "cherry picking" the bible when they don't agree with the homosexual lifestyle. Some people just find it wrong. They have since they were very young. So when you say "don't judge gays, they were born that way" then don't "judge" others for feeling homosexuality is wrong. They were probably "born that way". Still, it's none of my business what happens in your own home, so I'm not going to try and stop anyone from getting married.

Bob Bain

Our nation is quickly becoming a nation of filth, a wasteland of sinners. Just because you want something does not mean you should have the right to have it.

Either moral values return to our country or else, our country will fall. 9/11 will seem like child's play when God's hand destroys cities like he did Sodom and Gomorrah. When that day happens, I shall shed no tears for those who perish. The wicked have wicked ways and care not about what is right or wrong, only their twisted desires.

They have done it to themselves.

Soon you will begin seeing Pedophiles fighting for their "Rights", along with Animal "Lovers" for their "Rights". Homosexuality is a brain disorder and should be treated, not welcomed as a normal behavior of society.

Josh Stapleton

All the arguments that "god said it is a sin" are useless if you are an atheist. People need to accept that people are gay and live with it.

Sarah Katherman

For those of you arguing that its wrong because the bible says so. Well the Bible also condemns shaving and eating shellfish! Also have you ever heard of seperation of church and state?

For those of you arguing "traditional marriage". Not long ago Traditional marriage meant betweeen a white woman and a white male.

We as a people are Evolving and changing to what is right. Everyone deserves equality.

and no I am not gay, just someone who knows what is right, and doesn't want to stand in the way of two people who love each other

MsRita

Can gays make their own CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT. THAT IS WHAT PISSES BLACK PEOPLE OFF. WE WERE BORN BLACK IT NOT GAY OR LESBIAN OR A SEXUALITY. RIGHT

ITS A COLOR OF OUR SKIN HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IF HAVE A VA JAY JAY WITH ANOTHER VA JAY JAY OR A WEE WEE WITH ANOTHER WEE WEE.

DO GAY PEOPLE UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM SAYING I DON'T THINK YOU KNOW HOW I HATE GAYS BECAUSE YOU INSULT US BY USING THE CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT. WHICH WAS CREATED FOR BLACK PEOPLE.

EVERYBODY RIDDING ON OUR D C KS KNOW

LJ

Now lets have some tolorance for me and my brother getting married!! Please were in love this ruling will really help us.

qqqqqqqq

The bible is the most worthless book in existance.

UNFAN ME PLEASE!

@qqqqqqqq HISTORICALLY the bible is the most read and most popular book in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD so PERHAPS you have not read it deeply enough to understand its great appeal........................................

some guy

Unless you've read it cover to cover, I really don't feel someone is authorized to criticize a book.

Curious

MsRita -
I don't know if you'll see this, but I'll try anyway.

I guess when I look at you, I'll see a black woman. When you look at me you'll see a white woman with a mess load of freckles. That covers what we'll see, but what will we discover about each other if we sat down over coffee or tea and talked? I think that's more important.

General comment -

Humanity's history is chock full of our struggle for equality. "Civil rights" is a contemporary term to describe a process that's been going on for thousands of years in various cultures. Probably the most signifcant one to affect actual government in western society was the Magna Carta. Our own Constitution has its roots in that 13th century landmark.

The Emancipation Proclamation, the 19th Amendment, the anti-segregation laws, the Woman's Liberation Movment, the Americans With Disability Act are all examples of folks standing up and demanding equality. They had a long hard struggle, but they did it.

Today's Gay Civil Rights movement is the latest to join a proud tradition of folks who refused to be discrimanted against any longer.

MsRita

and a woman were MADE to fit together. A man has one half of whats needed to make new life while a woman has the other. If gay was the norm and what nature intended why cant men blow children out their azs? I have always been a pretty much live and let live dude but when organizations lobby to make the lifestyle of freaks and homosexuals be crammed down the throats of the human beings that create life and populate our race its just gone.

I LOVE THE PART OF THIS COMMENT THAT SAYS A MAN CAN'T POP A CHILD OUT OF HIS AZZ.

KAC

Congrats to NPH, his Partner in life David and of course their children. It is difficult in this day and age to find persons so committed to each other and dedicated to their children.
All the best to both in their life choices!
KAC

Curious

For the sake of the children, it would be wonderful if the ability to create life automatically meant the creators of that life were good, loving parents.

Sadly, it doesn't, or there wouldn't be any need for child protective services.

Good parenting is not contigent upon gender or sexual orientation, but upon the love, nurturing and discipline that goes into raising a happy child. I loudly applaud every good parent out there.

By the same token, abusive, neglectful parents , no matter gender or sexual orientation, in my personal opinion, should be flayed.

Carter Swenson

@David

Yo David, no one's forcing you to be a rump-ranger. You can choose not to partake in butt-piracy if that is your thang. And if, as I said in a previous post, this was all about making babies, then infertile heteros like Lance Armstrong would be banned from getting married.