Mackenzie Phillips -- Addiction Counselor

6/26/2011 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Celebrity Rehab" alum Mackenzie Phillips is in the process of becoming a certified drug and alcohol rehabilitation counselor ... TMZ has learned.

0624_phillips_ex_1

Sources connected to the actress tell us ... Phillips -- who famously struggled with substance abuse for years --- is roughly half-way through a certification program and hopes to use her experience to help struggling addicts acknowledge and defeat their demons.

We're told Mackenzie's progress will be captured for a new reality show called "No Relapse" produced by powerhouse reality company 44 Blue ... and sources connected to the project tell us the show is already getting, "Strong interest from multiple networks."

What You Really Want To See

Good for her!

Stiletto

She has done everything to extend her 15 minutes of fame but claim alien abduction.

chefadam

"One Day at a Time" got her in this mess and now it seems it will be getting her out of it.

jetfanglo

those that can... do......those that can't..teach..........bravo! mac

Geri

I am so proud of you Mackenzie Phillips!!!! We are the same age and I remember you as a little person, teenager and adult!!! Thank you for all that you do!

mannequin

That's wonderful, but another reality show? What happened to acting and entertainment? Reality is not something I need to turn the TV on for.

Observer

Is that a terrible photo shop shot or what? Look especially at the left outside shoulder and hair outline.
Just looks fake.

Oh, and if she's serious about it, more power to her.

CityChicWoman

I have met her once, during her using days. I was shocked when she looked at me and said I had her name. We share the same birth name, and my name is not Mackenzie. Made me wonder what it must be like to have to live a whole life being someone your not. She was drug thin and ragged looking. But yet I felt some kinship to the lost person in her. I do hope she has found some peace, she had a very difficult life, one I am sure she would have traded if she knew the road it was taking her. Good luck Mackenzie, I hope you found some peace in sobriety.

JimmyCrapCorn

yay mac!!

Fred Farkel

MacKenzie!!

About 100 years ago, I worked with your crew on the 3rd floor of Metromedia Square where we taped One Day at a Time - and then around 1982, we moved up to Universal Studios.

SO one day on the "new" Universal production offices and stages - THERE YOU WERE - and I want to tell you that I was so impressed with how NICE YOU WERE to me and my guests when we all attended your COME BACK show on ODAAT!! :-)

I was there with a new girlfriend at the time and I SOOOO wanted to ditch her and ask you out for ice cream or something equally dorky that night... (sigh) OH WELL - that fate was not meant to be... :-(

I will NEVER forget how you smiled at me out behind stage 32.

Thank you for one of the fewer and fewer memories that I have from that time - as I REALLY WISH we had gotten some ice cream that night. :-O

btty

Are you kidding me? She's 50 something and she's FINALLY got it together. I wouldn't take sobriety advise from this woman if my life depended on it. Give me a break.

Ziggy

I think she's going to be amazing. I'm really proud of how far she's come. Good for her.

To those of you wondering why it's taken her so long. If anyone lived through half the abuse she went through you would understand.

Ginger

There are lots of obstetricians who have never had babies (men.) I trusted them to deliver mine. I don't know if this is just another bid for attention since the 'incest' thing didn't fly or if she's serious. If she is serious, then good for her. And don't tell me I'm blaming the victim if the incest is true. Sleeping with your dad for 10 years after you're grown isn't rape. It's consensual sex. IF it even happened.

Franc

Again and again, Mackenzie has proven how well-adjusted and honest she is. I wish her nothing but good luck. As for Michelle Phillips, I'll never respect her again.

some guy

So refreshing to see so many actresses opening up about their problems. Hope she helps alot of people!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments