« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Dodgers Fan Who Confronted Beating Victim ID'd

6/27/2011 5:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The man in the bleachers who got into a verbal altercation with the Los Angeles Dodgers beating victim shortly before the attack is a die-hard Dodgers fan ... TMZ has learned.

0627_dodger_banda_ex_tmz
The man is Juan Banda, seen here posing with former Dodgers first baseman Eric Karros outside Dodger Stadium.  We don't know when the photo was taken.

We're told after TMZ posted the video Monday morning -- showing Banda taunting beating victim Bryan Stow -- people from Banda's office told him to call the LAPD.

062711_dodgers_small_launch

The LAPD says their original suspect, Giovanni Ramirez, is still the prime suspect.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Moon

writenow

I think part of the reason for the Bankruptcy is both the City and the Dodgers are going to be sued big as a result of this Thoroughly preventable attack.

Ehécatl

This report is unclear. Why would people from Banda´s office tell him to call the LAPD? If he's not a suspect or a "person of interest" or being sought by the LAPD, why would he have to call them? Did he simply want to make sure he really wasn´t a suspect?

IThappens

I will always ask...."where were Bryans friends"? I was at the stadium on Saturday, and the drunks will always be there....as well as the friends of the drunks that will say "dude, relax" or "what"?!

sad.

Scientific

They need to get this guy's whereabouts squared away because you know the defense attorney would try to raise reasonable doubt pointing towards the video tape...

Bob

Nothing justifies what happened to Stowe but he sure gets in a fair share of "altercations". Is it possible the guy's a complete d*ck?

idiots

His friends were also jumped FROM behind!! People say that Bryan probably started something but in this video you can tell he put his hands up like he didn't want any trouble.

mommy

old fart. why can't he just go and enjoy the game? he is way too old to be acting like --and getting away with-- this kind of behavior.

fkeys

loud mouth bully/drunks always start things up with guys they are sure they can whip (or out number).
I always hope for a chuck liddell type, that waits for the inevitable sucker punch - then LEVELS the troublemaker.

David1

Its pendejos like Juan who give LA City and the Dodgers the shi* rep that we have. Thanks Idiot. As long as Dodger fans are typical of this guy the team will always always have the rep we have. Do us all a favor and end your gene pool.

Ed

The video looks dated because the stadium is relatively full. A lot changed since opening day.

John

It's a-holes like Banda are the reason why I don't go to the games anymore. Haven't been to one in very long time. It's a third-world **** hole up there at Dogers Stadium. Banda, you're an effing disgrace.

the real diva

what a loser...he needs to get a real life and a kick in the butt.

No comment

As a middle aged female Giants fan who wears my jersey to Dodger stadium when the Giants are in town. I go alone (because my friends are too afraid to go to Dodger stadium since the 2003 shooting death o*****iants fan), therefore, I don't say a thing to anyone that would cause an issue. However, if you cheer when the Dodgers make an error or get out, and/or you cheer for the Giants people throw beer on you, peanuts, papers.

As a regular Giants fan at Dodger Stadium I know to sit in expensive seats, because low lifes sit in the cheap seats at Chavez Ravine. After the opening day game I had to take my jersey off in the parking lot while walking to my car because of the aggessive in your face fans. Luckily I had a shirt on underneath. Yeah, men and women were getting in my face. This behavior by Dodger fans happened at every Giants game up until the security crack down.

Chaps

Well, thats it, no more Dodger games for me.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments