Mel Gibson Settles Divorce Case with Wife

6/28/2011 8:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson and soon-to-be ex-wife Robyn have settled their divorce case.

0628_mel_gibson_robyn_EX2

Robyn Gibson's lawyer, disso-queen Laura Wasser, appeared before the judge this morning and announced Mel and Robyn have reached full agreement on the terms of their divorce ... in particular, the property settlement.

The lawyers are drafting the final paperwork and the judgment is expected to be entered at the end of August, making the divorce official.

some guy

Hope Mel doesn't decide to create a new login.

some guy

Starting to feel faint. I should eat something.

ohreally

David Jong 6 minutes ago
Right. I bash Mel because I prefer a challenge. I mean, it's not like I could turn to any ol' gossip rag and there's a story on Mel, amirite.

*************************

oh LOVELY. So you think it is morally justifiable to attack and attempt to harm someone just because you "enjoy a challenge"?

Thanks for clarifying. sheesh.

some guy

I'm currently in isolation at Rikers so all I've been subsisting on is bread and water.

Just me and my laptop. Gets kinda lonely...

Curious

ohreally -

Your comment -
"And the FACT is, Catholic Mel didn't sue for divorce. Protestant Robyn did. But the ones who wish to attack always state or imply that Mel started the proceedings. He DIDN'T."

Absolutely correct. But as you also correctly stated, some folks know better, but don't let it stop them. And some others may just be going along with the crowd.

ohreally

Seal Team 6 7 minutes ago
Mel Gibson is not a member of the Roman Catholic Church. He really should be excommunicated, and it's odd he hasn't been. I guess because he is a celebrity. In "olden terms," he is a heretic.
****************************

Here we go again. Someone who thinks they can determine who is or isn't in the Roman Catholic Church!

Right, he hasn't been excommunicated and for good reason... they don't have the grounds to do so, as he IS Catholic.
To be a heretic means you have to deny a teaching of the church. Mel has famously come under fire for stating he accepts ALL those teachings. He isn't a cafeteria Catholic, he doesn't pick and choose like so many do.

His sexual indiscretions do not make him a heretic. Denial of Catholic dogma would, and he has never done that.

On the other hand, he has been viciously attacked by those in office in the Church, who have in fact denied many Church teachings. Hypocrites much???

Kathy

His career is OVER!!! No one goes to a movie with him in it...just look at The Beaver.

some guy

Whoever said "Religion is the opiate of the masses?"

I think you need religion if you're too weak to think on your own.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing, it's just that some people need someone else to tell them how to behave.

some guy

I learned how to behave from my dad Forrest Gump.

Cat

Am surprised with this news flash from TMZ that they seemed to have missed reporting that OG lost her appeal to have SK Mel's lawyer disallowed from the custody case. Had been waiting to hear the results of the OG appeal and found it reported and hidden away on a far eastern news website and dated their time June 29/2011. Interesting

Bubbles The Chimp

ohreally: "...Mel has famously come under fire for stating he accepts ALL those teachings. He isn't a cafeteria Catholic, he doesn't pick and choose like so many do."

That is such a rubbish statement. Do some reading on what Mel and his father Hutton believe in. They have chosen to 'pick and choose' the parts of the Catholic Church they want.

some guy

Majestik sounds Russian.

You know who I think are really hot? Ukrainian chix.

Curious

An earlier poster had said Mrs. Robyn should get 70%, 10% for each child she raised. Actually, I rather like that idea.

And for all practical purposes, it just may work out that way. Marital assets are divided based on the date the separation is filed. So Mrs. Robyn is entitled to 50% of what the assets were worth back in '06. Since a huge chunk of those assets were in real estate and the market has bottomed, she could well be walking away with close to 70% of current value.

This is all sheer speculation of course.

Curious

Majestik -
Hiya :)

Realist would need to check me on this (or Fuddy, I miss our Fuddy!), but I believe child support isn't based on assets but rather income. Income might be generated by assets, for example stock dividends, but the assets themselves don't count in child support calculations. Which, I believe, go back three years.

So for all the folks whooping it up about Mr. Mel no longer having a career and his movies being a flop, they are also celebrating Lucia's loss of income.

ohreally

Bubbles The Chimp 6 minutes ago

************************

I have. Plenty. (BTW the phrase: "what Mel and his father Hutton believe in" is nonsensical. Mel is his own person, and you have NO POSSIBLE WAY to deduce that he is a carbon copy of his father) All I have come across are writings which disagree with the modernist, liberal, heretical garbage which has been floating around since Vatican II.

Vat II was a pastoral council, meaning it defined no dogma, so it is not binding on Catholics to accept it. It was written ambiguously on purpose so the liberals and their agenda could twist, distort and outright deny the teachings of the Church.
Mel opposes the denial of Church dogma which had been taught for over 1900 years. This is a totally logical, sound position.