Casey Anthony --

NOT GUILTY of Murder

7/5/2011 11:17 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Casey Anthony was just found NOT GUILTY of murdering her 2-year-old daughter Caylee in Florida back in 2008.

Casey Anthony Verdict
Casey was found GUILTY on four counts of providing false information to a law enforcement officer.

Anthony was teary-eyed as the verdict was read.  A judge has ordered Anthony to be fingerprinted immediately.

Anthony faces up to 4 years in state prison for lying to the cops -- one year for each count. Sentencing has been scheduled for Thursday morning.

Casey's parents seemed shocked when the first not guilty verdict was read -- and they got up and walked out of the courtroom during the reading.

After the judge wrapped things up, Anthony finally smiled and shared a giant embrace with her lawyer.

Anthony has been locked up for the past three years ... which will count as time served against any sentence that the judge may hand down.

Story developing...
tmz-top-comments-banner
TMZgossip TMZgossip

OJs jury strikes again

okerry okerry

Casey thought she could lie her way out of anything. Casey thought she was smarter than everyone else. The jury just proved she was right.

Sarah Sarah

Unfortunately, when you take someone to trial with small particles of evidence, it can backfire. This wasn't a miscarriage of justice, this was a well executed crime. No matter what REALLY happened, the lack of evidence worked in favor of whoever was responsible

tmz-top-comments-banner
TMZgossip TMZgossip

OJs jury strikes again

okerry okerry

Sarah Sarah

lola_uk lola_uk

*picking up my jaw off the floor* this is unbelievable...

Bob Bob

She'll get her own reality show .... We live in hell.

GRIMLOCK GRIMLOCK

This is awesome! She didn't kill that little girl but i'm sure she knows something about who did. Amazing how Judgmental american people are, wanting her to be guilty of the crime when in fact the LAW says she is not. Awesome win for Casey Anthony!

Close Calls

Mee

OJ MOMENT, MAYBE AN OJ FUTURE? in the great state of NEVADA.

Marcie

What the F***! I am a mother of three and I would not wait 31 days to report any of my children missing. She may be free at this time but carma is a BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M Burns

If TMZ pays one dime towards an interview with anyone associated with this demon, I will write your sponsors to advise I am boycotting their products - if a jury of 12 derelicts can't provide Caylee with justice, then America needs to do what we can and boycott any book, movie or interview that provides financial gain for anyone associated with letting this child murderer go free.

Kathleen

Here's what I don't understand in this verdict. What happened to the part about the "smell of human decomposition" in this case, as well as the strand of hair in Casey's car that was proven to be from Caylee after her death?? There were expert witnesses on both of those things! Someone also used the duct tape on Caylee's face, or the mandible wouldn't have been intact.

I just don't understand how the jury could find Casey not guilty of any other charges against her! Now she'll be out and partying again, just like she did when she knew that little Caylee was already dead!! I just hope Casey doesn't have any more children!

zj

lying to the caps shouldn't be against law b cause i f ing cops wife and he lying to hem every day

JoAnn

Apparently the jury thought they had to find her guilty beyond a "shadow of a doubt", rather than "reasonable doubt."

Cat

Unless you are caught on video tape murdering someone these days, all you have to do is lie to not get convicted. Something is very wrong with our legal system. My only hope is that she never has another kid to kill. My intellect however tells me, like OJ it's only a matter of time before she does something like this again. Way to go jury; apparently they are missing their balls.

Neva Wilson

Casey I hope you write a book. I will buy it. I hope you give some of the money to charity. It might help you win favor. This mob out there, it's disgusting. There a bunch of stupid morons, that got their facts from idiot Nancy Grace. They don't know all the facts. The jury did the right thing.

Jennifer

I am sick to my stomach over this. What is wrong with our world?? Not enough evidence-it couldn't have been more obvious!!

jhanpalmer

You had outstanding suggestions here. I did a research about the subject and experiential that surely most of us will agree with your weblog. PDF search engine

Steve

I honestly don't even understand why anyone cares about this. Hell, I didn't even know about this case until the day of the verdict. But seriously, why would anyone even care about it unless they were related to someone involved? I don't get it.

Michaela

I can't belive that women gets to walk after what she done. We all know she done it, but why....Why do that to a sweet little child. What did Calyee do that was so bad Casey? We all know the truth! Well you got what you wanted NO CHILD, MONEY, AND FAME! How does it feel to be the most hated person in America?

SANDRA

Are the jurors mental? How can they not convict her at the very least of child abuse? She was the CAREGIVER the last person to see her ALIVE and they don't charge her? I guess it's OK to not give a damn where your child is for 31 days.

JHenninger

People have taken this whole thing out of hand! We have a trial so that people aren't stoned in the streets or hanged just because! People seem to forget this. They have to prove BEYOND a reasonable doubt that she did this and they couldn't. And if she did do this she didn't get away with it! She has to answer to God and live with this the rest of her life! No one wins no matter how you look at it!

Bikerbabe

Anyone at TMZ that may decide to present any interview relating to the Casey Anthony case, particularly any Jury members....SHAME ON YOU! TMZ would be representing themselves as complete morons! The only thing you should advertise regarding Casey Anthony is her new current Job listing: "Babysitter for Hire"

Previous 15 Comments | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments