Kobayashi -- My Weiner Beef Ain't With Chestnut!!

7/6/2011 12:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Professional sausage swallower Takeru Kobayashi believes his 69-hot dog performance should count as a WORLD RECORD ... even though he wasn't entered in an official tournament at the time.

070511_kbayashi_chestnut_getty
Kobayashi put on the eating exhibition on July 4 ... just miles from the OFFICIAL Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Championship on Coney Island ... which was won by TK's rival Joey Chestnut, who ate 62 dogs in just 10 minutes.

Kobayashi, through a translator, tells TMZ ... "Congratulations to Joey. I agree, he is the champion of that contest."

But TK -- who was banned from the competition because he wouldn't sign an exclusive contract with the event organizers -- adds, "I wasn't fighting against [Joey]. I was fighting against an organization and a hot dog company."

070511_kobayashi_video"I'm also happy about becoming a world record holder for hot dogs [that day] ... with my fans and supporters cheering me on. "

Should Kobayashi's record count?

some guy

I bet Mike Walters could've won the hot dog eating contest if he was there.

I heard he didn't bring his lunch to work.

Philly

If the record is tied to the event, then it shouldn't count. If it's tied to the hot dogs over x time, then it should. Pretty simple.

MartyMcFly

Should it count?
Does it matter? Who cares.

BigTim

Sorry Kobayashi. You want in, you sign on the line. That's how other pro sports do it. Let's see you go up against Anandita Dutta Tamuli and the Bhut Jolokias! I'll laugh when you cry like a little girl!

JugEars McKenyan Sr..

C'mon there's gotta be some sausage swallower in Hollywood's casting couch community that's beat this record easily, and they're not entered in any tournament's either ;)

Tony C.

KOBAYASHI is the real food champ!

Rotter

But can he pass the Kobayashi Maru?

Sticks

I wouldnt sign anything neither..its a frickin food competition for crying out loud

Evan Benz

They should have a salad tossing contest. Where's Steve Hirsch ?????

maggie

this is a despicable competition. Have a look at this, and then see how you feel about cheering people on while they stuff themselves with hotdogs.

casting couch

I'm still looking for the news in this story.

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

There are people all over the world that are hungry and would rip Kobyashi limb from limb to catch the remnants cause they haven't eaten in days! I have a suggestion for a NEW place for you to shove your hot dogs!!!!!!!!!

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

JUST BECAUSE ANTHONY "WEINER" PRONOUNCES HIS NAME AFTER A HOTDOG (SNEAKING SUSPICION: SELF-PROMOTION), THE CORRECT SPELLING IS "WIENER" ANY ORIGINAL GERMAN NAME THAT'S BEEN PASSED ON TO OTHER RELIGIONS, ETC., WHEN THE EIN IS THE "FIRST" SYLLABLE OF THE NAME, IT'S PRONOUNCED "wHYNer" like Carl Reiner, and not rEEner. Sorry, I am sleep deprived and now realized how unimportant this really is.........zzzzzzzzzzz

lala

If you didn't call Guinness then you just wasted your time and no it won't be submitted into the book. Plus you're gross and a pig.

JohnG

Gentlemen, check your headlines. WEINER is a former congressman whose name has been pronounced wrongly. WIENER is a hot dog! In German you always pronounce the second vowel in the 'ei-ie' combination.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments