Vanilli

Plotting COMEBACK

with Famous DJ

7/5/2011 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It’s been 21 years since Milli Vanilli was exposed as a couple of lip-synchers -- but TMZ has learned, one half of the infamous duo is planning a revolutionary REAL-VOICE comeback ... with Eminem's DJ.

0701_vanilli_DJ_Alchemist_getty_ex
The DJ in question -- named The Alchemist -- dropped the bombshell in L.A. recently .. telling TMZ, "I'm working on a joint with Vanilli ... Vanilli's making a comeback."

And according to the Alchemist, Vanilli -- real name Fab Morvan -- is bringing his real voice to the recording sessions, adding, it's “real sh*t dude  … Alchemist-Vanilli.”

We spoke with Vanilli's rep -- who tells us Fab is DEFINITELY serious about his comeback ... and has recently worked with DJ Tiesto ... one of the biggest DJs in the world.

Hey, if the New Kids on the Block can do it ...

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

Where? At a Karioke Bar?

Regulator

Was Vanilli the one who pushed the play button before each performance? We will never forget, Rob and Fraud.

Ghost Rider

Please don't.

Ghost Rider

Please don't.

E

I was around then. Everyone was lip-synching then, and it was perfectly obvious. A-ha (who were famous for that rotoscoped video of a come-to-life "comic") didn't play a single thing in concert, and their stuff consisted of at most a few notes. I feel really bad that the other guy in Milli Vanilli killed himself; they never got out from under it and it wasn't their idea in the first place. I've heard the album they made of them actually singing; and they don't have the same style as the guy that was dubbed in but they're not bad. I really feel bad for them having to take the rap for what everyone was doing. Isn't Britney Spears lip-synching even now?

Regulator

Lip-synching to your own voice in order to provide a dancing extravaganza while in concert is one thing... These guys and C+C Music Factory were the pretty face to someone who wasn't attractive, but had talent in order to sell records. They would have done this to that mong, Susan Boyle back in the day.

Kevin

The comeback the world's been waiting for!! Erm....

BusterHymen

Milly Vanilla in bold? Come on now. "Milli Vanilli"

Chantal

I don't know who did your editing today but it was Andrew KEEGAN not TEEGAN and it was MILLI VANILLI not MILLI VANILLA. Just sayin.....

some guy

Ok... I have to admit, I don't know why, but I am totally fascinated by this story.

Truth

DUDE HAS PLAYED ALL OVER EUROPE SINCE THE CRASH OF MILLI VANILLI. THING IS, IN ALL THE YOUTUBE VIDS, DUDE CAN ACTUALLY SING! THOUGH NOT AS GOOD AS THE VOICES BEHIND THE SCENES BUT STILL BETTER THAN AVERAGE. AT LEAST HE CAN DANCE, UNLIKE THE FAT DOUCHE BAGS WHO WERE THE REAL VOICES.

Superman

I wonder what he's been doing to make a living. Didn't they go broke after being sued and the other guy committed suicide?

casting couch

Were they any faker than the Auto-Tune iFools these days?

Girl, you know it's true.

some guy

@casting couch

Lol.

some guy

I would blame it on the rain, myself.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments