'Teen Mom' -- Rushed to Hospital for Ovarian Cyst

7/8/2011 10:47 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Teen Mom" Jenelle Evans was rushed to a North Carolina hospital this morning with INTENSE abdominal pains -- and when she arrived ... we're told, doctors found a cyst on her ovaries.

0506_jenelle_BN_01

Jenelle originally posted a message on her Facebook page, claiming she thought the pain was from her appendix -- saying, "heading to the hospital, i think my appendix are about to rupture. been up since 2am crying."

But according to her rep, the 19-year-old had a cyst on her ovaries -- which isn't that uncommon for a girl her age.

Evans has since been released -- and is now resting at home ... with the help of some pain meds.

baraboo_chick

The second I saw this I wanted to post a big Ol' KARMA.. but I see I've been beat lol

BUT it's only beginning...Karma follows you for a long, long, long time!

radicalred

I hope the doctors scooped out her reproductive parts. The last thing this world needs is another crack head like Jenelle.

wow

It's good that she's OK. I have a couple of these and afraid they may rupture because I'm seriously not into the pain thing. At least she didn't need her appendix removed or some other operation.

Nanny

No one deserves to be ill, but am I the only one who wishes we never heard of these teen moms? I hate seeing being a teenaged mother glorified.

mer

"appendix are about to rupture"? gee, i had no idea we had more than one...

Bren

Why are you even reporting about this?

BananaHammock

KARMA's a Beotch huh?

chicagannie

maybe she'll lose both ovaries...and the ability to reproduce. We can only hope...

MikeJones

HPV will do that to you, certainly couldn't be that though must be her appendices, she's smart enough to use condoms to ward of those STDs.

bookofshadows84

i feel her pain..i suffer from ovarian cyst and its very painful..its no fun and games

iamcart

Good -- if the docs are smart they'll just take those ovaries out so this pariah can quit spawning.

Hanging to da lef

I read about a study a few years back that concluded that women are coming down with uterine, overian cysts, polyps and developing cancer at younger ages, due to having multiple sex partners and sex at an earlier age. Very sad....

GeneL

More proof that God, indeed...

works in mysterious ways!

Thin Lizzie

Feel better Jenelle and best wishes.

debi t

Whereas I agree that this is not newsworthy (neither is that foolish show), I have to agree with the fact that when a cyst bursts, it is indeed THE single worst pain I have EVER had-worse that 3 births and 2 C-sections. I also just had to call an ambulance in March for the exact same thing. I was so blinded by pai******ve the 911 operator a wrong address 3 times!! Cysts can be a sign of something much worse, such as Endometriosis, so she best get her checked out asap.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments