« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Jimmer Fredette's Mission -- If He Chooses to Accept ...

7/13/2011 3:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The NBA is facing an imminent lockout -- which means it's the PERFECT time for former BYU superstar Jimmer Fredette to go on his Mormon mission  ... right? RIGHT?

0713_Fredette_launch

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

anony

If "Jimmer"--man, he needs a new nickname and now--goes away, the NBA will forget about him because he never played a second of defense.

TMSLEAZE

@lola and mr velvet before you to spout your ignorant comments get your f*cking **** straight you ********

TMSLEAZE

@lola damn! havnt heard the moron one your so clever! get a life and get a brain chicky!

Bryan

mormoninfo.org is a anti-mormon website put together to tear down the LDS church and its beliefs, anyone can throw up a website on any subject and make it look bad and credible. Why someone puts that much time to tear down another religion is beyond me. Its information is as valid as Intouch magazine which always gets it facts 100% correct, Just ask Kim Kardashian about her butt implants. www.lds.org is the official church website for anybody who is interested.

Mr.Velvet

Facts are facts buddy. Smith was a convicted liar and con artist. Read about it for yourself. I'll tell you again, your so-called religion is a SCAM!

Mr.Velvet

This information if very easy to find. It's on many different web sites. Here's one.

Bryan

I guess I wasnt clear enough with the whole intouch example so I will be more straight forward, the facts on that website arent true thus making them not facts but someones misconstrued opinion on what things mean. A christian is anyone who believes in christ. Mormons believe in christ so by saying they arent is ridicilous and completely untrue. And without getting to religious, Joseph Smith was arrested on many accounts but never once did those charges stick so he was never convicted. Also, to be clear, In no way am I comparing Christ to Joseph but People didnt believe Christ either and put him to death for it and im pretty sure you wouldnt doubt him.

Bryan

Put more time into your religion and your beliefs before telling someone else what they believe isnt true.

Mr.Velvet

Interesting logic Bryan. Just say that anything you don't want to believe is a lie. That's brilliant! Yep, everyone of these sites is full of lies. You're definition of a Christian is far too broad. Christianity and the LDS church are different on foundational , fundamental levels. First off, God didn't use to be a man on another planet and he doesn't live around a star called Kobol. Also, you will not become a god by doing good works. This really is laughable.

TMSLEAZE

@MR VELVET EXACTLY! you sir are making a fool out of yourself,im just sitting here laughing how ******* stupid you sound get your **** together man!

Bryan

How do you know all those claims you just said? You can NOT back any of what you just said up about god scriptually. Its all opinion, whether yours or someone elses. So you CANNOT say whats true or not cause its opinion. World was flat at one point.

TMSLEAZE

@MR VELVET facts are facts ha! you have yet to provide any,we dont need your approval of christian status

Mr.Velvet

The stupid **** I'm spouting off is straight up moron doctrine. I'm glad you are amused. That's one good deed for today. I'm working on becoming a god on another planet. I hope to meet this Xenu that the scientologists talk about. Think whatever you want, but don't believe for a second that Methodists, Presbyterians,and such regard you as Christians, because they don't! I won't have a sciptural debate with you because you have fake scriptures from a scam artist fake prophet. End of story. Oh yeah, tell your friends to stop coming by my house.

TMSLEAZE

yeah well we dont need the methodist or protestants approval either you spazoid!,none of your crap is from mormon doctorine,you lost all credibility when you said "fake scriptures" and "scam artists" you act as if we havent heard the same **** before,you sir are a worthless s***bag! until you can actually give out facts,go crawl back into your cave!

c

@NDUB: If you can stop being so defensive for one second maybe you could address the part of Joey’s statement where he said (and I thought this was correct) that he would have had to go on a mission during his time at BYU to attend the school. I understand a mission is not a requirement to be a member of the church but neither is seminary and you cannot get into BYU without completing all four years of seminary in high school. I was raised mormon so please don’t call me names as if I am attacking the church; I am simply asking a question.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments