Drake

Cancels Concert After Uncle Dies

7/15/2011 9:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rapper Drake has officially canceled his concert in Florida tomorrow night ... so he can mourn the death of his uncle ... TMZ has learned.

0715_drake_EXD_01

Drake's rep released a statement saying, "We regret to announce that Drake will not be able to take the stage at Universal Orlando Resort due to a death in the family."

"He hopes that his fans understand the situation he finds himself in and know that he fully intends to return to the area in the future. He thanks Universal Orlando Resort and his fans for their continued support.”

We're told Drake is already back with his family.

Rhubino

Tyler 31 minutes ago

a black jew now that's a contradiction.

You must be joking. And by the way, the joke was worn out back in Sammy Davis Jr's time.

And believe it or not, there are white Baptists, too. Wanker.

Missei

Good decision Drake, You can always make up the concert (I'm sure its been rescheduled). This shows that fame and fortune hasn't changed you, your family is important to you and you went to be with them at this time of mourning. Bless you and I'm sorry for your loss.

i said lesbians...

LOL DRAKE A THUG? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLLLLLLOLLLLL

Tyler

@rhubino how are white baptist contradictions?

Sunset Strip Dealer

You guys are joking, while I am sad for the computers loss, to call whatever this guy does music is an insult to real musicians or singers. Sorry but if all you do is talk through a computer which any ****in kid could do, you get these kind of comments. Whoever likes this computer sound or has the nerve to call this music is a jack-ass and is probably listening to there bull**** Beyonce cd.

Rhubino

Tyler, read my comment again. I was mocking the fellow who thought, or pretended to think, that a black Jew was a contradiction. I was being sarcastic. My (white) sister is Baptist.

Rhubino

(And that person was you Tyler)

EVE_

he has feelings too

HAHAHA

People.... His job is a rythmic talker... He talks to a beat and rhymes words... Why would you go pay 50$ to see him in concert? The real talent is the guy they paid to write his beats, and the thousands of bands who write songs you remember for years to come

danielle

Song: Fear By Drake

" And my uncle aint even messaging me.
And him missing in my life is kind of messing with me.
I hope this isn't one of those forever things.
It's funny how money can change everything. "

Keep your head up Drake <3 <3

Xiomara

Some of you people are the biggest dumbasses in the world. Maybe he was really close to his uncle? So stfu you're probably not even going to that concert so what do you care if he cancels. He is a professional and instead of bashing you should be sorry for his loss. R.I.P His uncle.

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

It's more like he cancelled after his career died.

zoeyDrake

WOW! I never knew TMZ was the website for old fogies! People on here dont know who drake is, where do you live ? under a freaking rock? Jeez.

brad chabaud

hey i was on tiny chat lastnight and drake came into the room i was in under the name drizzy . . tiny chat is a web chat. . for more detailes message me on facebook ............and yes it was him i dont know why he was but he was . . .

godsveryown87

first,sorry 4 drake lose.secondly,at least he has a heart n a mind to make his own decision instead of missing out on whats important in life.some people just hate there life so much that they find joy in others pain. hope someone take the time 2 come 2 ur funeral when u pass away.smh watch somebody post a smart remark.lol maybe cause nobodys care 4THEM just remember there is somebody out who will -GOD.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4