'Deadliest Catch' Captain

ATTACKS Cameraman

7/17/2011 12:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Deadliest Catch" captain Keith Colburn lashed out in a FEROCIOUS expletive-filled attack on one of the boat's cameramen recently -- bum-rushing the guy into a wall -- and it was all caught on tape.

0715-deadliest-catch-ex
Keith lost his temper after the photog in question -- named Brad Carper -- called up to the wheelhouse looking for one of the show's producers, interrupting Keith at exactly the wrong time.

Keith snapped.

The fight, which airs next Tuesday on Discovery, went down a couple months ago -- near the end of opilio crab fishing season -- and sources connected with the show tell TMZ, Keith was extremely stressed at the time ... and his fuse was real short. No kidding.

But it's all water under the bridge now -- according to sources, Keith and Brad are back on good terms and all is well. No hard feelings.

Previous 15 Comments | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11

Sean

Digusting. Arrest and charge him for assault. I have lost all respect for that joke of man.

joey

keith is loser, i change the station when hes on air....goof..wasnt so tough when time bandit captain was throwin him around!!

George

Personaly I think Keith gets his kick's making others suffer at his and his crew's hands. And the night Jonathon put him on his ass, he told his crew and everyone john was lucky he didn't go back at him. He should be lucky john held back from putting Keith in the hosp.

Barb

My family and I watch Deadliest Catch religiously and never miss it. We love the show they seem like family to viewers When we were watching the episode when Keith lost it on the camera man we were absolutely shocked Mind you not like keith has not lost it before I have lost a lot of respect for him I know it must be hard to have someone in your face 24/7 but come on Keith I am not the only one that feels like this you looked and acted like an A hole and a lot of people look at him differently Feel bad for anyone who gets in his way when he has not slept or had a bad day NOT COOL

Patricia Casali

Have never been a fan of Keith Colburn since he had a fight with Johnathon off the Time Bandit. Information about episode showing on Tuesday is wrong. It does not apply to UK so why put it up.

George

Keith would never have done that to another fishermsn, who would have broke him in half, like the day Phil saved his life when Jonathan pushed him for getting to close and needed to get his butt bounced on the ground.

tanza

I used to love deadliest catch when Phil was alive, I don*****ch anymore because they have too much footage of that halfwit Keith

JugEars McKenyan Sr..

These captains and their crews are under pressure most people never encounter in their entire lives on the job and while I can understand the short fuse as a man with a bad temper myself, these people at Discovery are making these fisherman celebrities and more wealthy than they would be otherwise I'm certain. They're not doing this for free, but assaulting someone like that outside on land would land him in jail for sure. And I like Keith but he lost it there. :(

James Strayer

Why doesn't Keith face charges for assault, depriving an individual of their freedom (confined to quarters order), and intimidating threats to the cameramans well being? Not sure why this hot headed jerk gets away with this stuff. Anyone else would go to jail.

Jim

Because Kieth was stressed out, he gets to physically assault people on his boat. Somebody should bring him up on assault charges. The title captain allow give him the authority to get that far out of line.

ray gorman

Well iv'e watched all the series, and love it, i know its a dangerous job,can't wait for new series, Everytime i see capt phil harris it brings a tear to my eyes. feel sorry for his kids. But wish all the fisherman good catches

Dennis

Captain Keith needs to take his blood pressure meds. The cameraman should of punched him in the nose.

j f green

keith, your're a prick, my address is dock 12c Charelston, Coos Bay , Oregon Look me up. VV Maran

Chad

Captain or not I would've knocked his ass out if he did that to me. I have a bit of a temper myself and I'm a manager of a restaurant but I'm not stupid enough to lay my hands on an employee.

Daley

You would expect behaviour like that from a crew member, not the captain himself. And since when is it the job of the cameraman to make coffee for that guy? I think they might be busy doing their own job of filming what they were hired to do in the first place. This captain looks completely mental, geez if this had happened on deck I don't think we would justifying it with a "well he has a short fuse"

Previous 15 Comments | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11