Sheen

OFFICIALLY Announces

'Anger Management'

7/18/2011 10:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Charlie Sheen has finally OFFICIALLY announced what TMZ told you last week ... that he's signed on to star in a new sitcom based on the movie "Anger Management."

Charlie Sheen New Show

The powers behind the show released a statement this morning describing the premise -- "a mild-mannered, non-confrontational man is ordered to attend group anger management sessions led by a therapist who could probably use some anger management himself."

As TMZ first reported, Sheen will play the role of the therapist -- loosely based on Jack Nicholson's character in the movie "Anger Management."

In the statement, Sheen explains, "I chose Anger Management because, while it might be a big stretch for me to play a guy with serious anger management issues, I think it is a great concept."

Sheen's involvement in the series will also be more significant than in series past -- the actor adds, “[AM] also provides me with real ownership in the series, a certain amount of creative control and the chance to be back in business with one of my favorite movie producers of all time, Joe Roth.”

Roth has worked with Charlie on 5 projects, including "Major League," "Young Guns" and "Three Musketeers."

Roth says, “With Charlie’s incredible talent and comedic gifts, he remains the leading man of TV sitcoms. I’m excited to collaborate with him once again.”

The show -- distributed by DebMar-Mercury -- has not yet been picked up by a network.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

VinnyTheShill

I would watch it..

Canon

Chris Brown woman beater should be on the show.

Tony C

Boring! Hollywood has gotten so lame with Movies and TV.

Abe

I hope it flops harder than Pam Anderson's boobs when she takes off her bra.

x

Rhubino

Let's have a poll. What network will pick it up?

dadudedd

Won*****ch it.....ever.

gibbs

GAG

Joe

Another alcoholic drugged up wife beating actor being embraced by Hollywood.

AndUKnowThisMan

I'm give it a shot and watch it forsure!!

Bobby

I'll bet that the deal was contingent upon Charlie turning off the crazy. Not much coming out of the warlocks mouth lately and I don't believe it is a coincidence. Roth probably made it part of the deal that was signed.

Lekili

What idiot network executive picked up this piece of work ?

Don't be surprised when the same things happens that took place on his other show.

Mayu

is Anger Management that one with Adam Sandler? if that is the one, that was one of the few movies I actually walked out of because it was soooooooo boring and unfunny.

Hey Now

Yawn...

ColdasHell34

Winning!!!Winning!!! Winning!!!.....it will probably last longer than the new Two & half men

Joao

Why would any sane person bring Charlie Sheen on. He's incorrigible, arrogant, unreliable, a alcoholic/drug addict and frankly an average actor. His "acting" is playing himself.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments