Sheen

OFFICIALLY Announces

'Anger Management'

7/18/2011 10:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Charlie Sheen has finally OFFICIALLY announced what TMZ told you last week ... that he's signed on to star in a new sitcom based on the movie "Anger Management."

Charlie Sheen New Show

The powers behind the show released a statement this morning describing the premise -- "a mild-mannered, non-confrontational man is ordered to attend group anger management sessions led by a therapist who could probably use some anger management himself."

As TMZ first reported, Sheen will play the role of the therapist -- loosely based on Jack Nicholson's character in the movie "Anger Management."

In the statement, Sheen explains, "I chose Anger Management because, while it might be a big stretch for me to play a guy with serious anger management issues, I think it is a great concept."

Sheen's involvement in the series will also be more significant than in series past -- the actor adds, “[AM] also provides me with real ownership in the series, a certain amount of creative control and the chance to be back in business with one of my favorite movie producers of all time, Joe Roth.”

Roth has worked with Charlie on 5 projects, including "Major League," "Young Guns" and "Three Musketeers."

Roth says, “With Charlie’s incredible talent and comedic gifts, he remains the leading man of TV sitcoms. I’m excited to collaborate with him once again.”

The show -- distributed by DebMar-Mercury -- has not yet been picked up by a network.

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

caveman

ill check it out, hoping like hell its opposite of 2 and a half unemployed guys.

LNA

YOUR STILL THE **** MAN NO MATTER WHAT PEOPLE SAY!!!

Byron

Charlie is a winner like he claims. I don't know who the ego idiot was whom let master Charlie slip away, but what dumb egoed idiots to ruin Two and Half Men and think your going to recover from it! Who are the idiots whom will lose big money and time with the new 2 1/2 boys? They should dropped to their knees to beg Charlie to stay or get out of the business! Watch Charlie prevail on any show. Charlie's problem is really normal and nothing and he is over it. Charlie is really normal will shake the bull**** people behind him and become even more successful and funny! The media is paid by Holly and is putting on an act about Charlie being a druggy and not true. The weak dummies whom didn't agree with Charlie will be sorry! Go Charlie Go! Don't let the Holly dumb fu__s try to ruin you, because they can't! They are full of themselves and they will not prevail....and how could they when there heads are so far up their you know what! There is no money up there! They are probably all pill popping, alckies, lonely, angry, unhappy, not loved Holly little boys! We know who you are... Get over it Holly boys and bring Charlie back to Two and a Half Men or you will lose all your Holly money trying to get Charlie's charactor back to your old high ratings. Some Holly boys lose everything, and new Holly boys become rich! The real losers are the remaining cast of Two and Half Men and will all soon be out of acting jobs. Bet me I am right! I should be paid big money to run Hollywood, cuz I know what works and what doesn't work........Take a chance and pay me big money to win! Hollywood needs good consultation more than ever to win! Byronix

linda

good luck Charlie

Rickey Gammon

**** all the Charlie Sheen haters out there. **** the creator of Two and a Half Men for continuing with out him and **** all the judgmental pieces of **** out there who keep up the bull**** hating. **** YOU ALL!

c mitchell

Can't wait to see Charlie Sheen's - ANGER MANAGEMENT! I'll watch anything he's in!

ann

Please please put Charlie back on 2 1/2 Men -- the show is horrible without him -- He seems to have learned a very hard lesson -- give the man a break! Look how many times the "pretty girls" have messed up!

Lets start a campaign to put Charlie back where he belongs

Victoria

Glad CS is coming back. I really miss him on 2 1/2! It is right without him. I watch all the reruns because the new show is not 2 1/2! That show is ruined without him!

jenny

LOL ... I love the show... glad Charlie is back . I watch reruns of Two and Half Men.. NEVER>>> NEVER .... watch the new version. Do NOT like it at al.
I can only get the show on demand.

sara afrakhte

This for Charlie sheen, I am so gelad you;r back, love you Persian Canadian lady,

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9