'Grey's Anatomy' Star -- Rehab for Painkillers

7/20/2011 8:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Eric Dane is in a rehab facility to treat an addiction to pain medication.

0720_dane_BN
The "Grey's Anatomy" star's rep tells TMZ, "Eric Dane voluntarily checked himself into a treatment facility to help him get off of pain medication that he was prescribed for a sports injury that he suffered over the recent hiatus."

The rep continues, "He reports back to work this week. Business as usual."

smd

FIRST....So way!!

PRO US

He's in pain? LMAO. He's a drug addict! LOL What a joke! He's had such a tough life!

Her Imperial and Royal Majesty

I hope he gets acting lessons while he´s there.

PRO US

He's very good looking. He doesn't have to know how to act to succeed in Hollywood. Obviously.

smd

Didn't his wife kill some kid in a crosswalk...cause she was talking on her cell?

Sammie

Is there anyone in Hollywood who doesn't get easily & immediately addicted to anything they take? Good grief!

anony

______________________________________________________________

She SURE did--and got probation.
How did THAT happen?

His drug problem just mirrors hers, but not as bad.

Muppet

So he's going to kick a drug addiction in a week? I see failure in his future!

jdr

Hope him well

Shirley

I was addicted to pain meds, after back surgery. You only have to take it for a short time, me 4 weeks. I stopped taking it and almost died. This stuff should be taken off the market. I'm 68 years old, it can happen to anyone any age. I admitted myself to rehab, stayed 8 days, came out a different person, I will never take another Opiate drug!!~!!

Michelle

I hope he can beat it, pills are tough. I was on pain pills for two years and when I finally got off them, I felt like a real person again.

jacquie

the world is so backwards!! you can go to jail for trying "illegal" drugs but when prescription pills get you addicted its your fault you got addicted to them!! not the company who makes them or the people that prescribed them to you!!

.:Loki4Ever:.

I think it's gutsy for him to admit this and seek help. I wish him nothing but the best.

.:Loki4Ever:.

Kathy

These actors/actresses are pathetic. I am so sick of hearing about their rehabs. They have such a hard life that they need to use drugs to feel better.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments