Kim K Suing Old Navy

You Can't COPY Me! [DOCS]

7/20/2011 1:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

There is only ONE Kim Kardashian -- and now she's declaring a legal war on Old Navy for using a Kim K look-alike in a recent ad campaign ... TMZ has learned.

0720_kim_k_lawsuit_launch_ex

Kim is filing a lawsuit against the clothing giant  -- claiming they intentionally used a look-alike in an effort to dupe the public into thinking Kim was affiliated with Old Navy.

We're told Kim is especially furious that Old Navy has been tweeting to her page about the look-alike -- in an effort to gain even more publicity.

One of those tweets read, "@CBSNEWS reports that Old Navy's Super CUTE star looks like @kimkardashian. #LOL. What do you think?"

We're told Kim believes the copycat campaign has damaged her wallet somewhere in the range of $15 to $20 million.

0720_oldnavy_ad2

tmz-top-comments-banner
Ziggy Ziggy

They definitely capitalized on Kim's look by using this girl. When I first saw I did think that it was Kim K when I first saw the commercial. Whether she's entitled to $15-$20 mil, that's another story.

MichaKC MichaKC

First time I saw this commercial I thought it was Nicole Scherzinger from the Pussycat Dolls. But I, for sure, did not think it was Kim Kardashian.

$$ $$

Kim is defeating the purpose by suing Old Navy...now they are getting even MORE advertising and now it's FREE!!!

0928_celebrity_look_alike_footer

tmz-top-comments-banner
Ziggy Ziggy

MichaKC MichaKC

$$ $$

FlamingoNut FlamingoNut

They definitely capitalized on Kim's look by using this girl. When I first saw the commercial, I admit, I did a double take and could tell it wasn't Kim. Yes, she's a little full of herself (a little? okay, alot). I actually heard a few girls talking about going to Old Navy because Kim was in their commercial. Granted, they were 10-11 years old, but still, they saw the resembelence, and that's a hot market for Old Navy...

charliesgirl charliesgirl

i mean... they blatantly copied everything about her in a desperate attempt to associate themselves with Kim. I'd be pretty pissed too if some low-quality brand was trying to freeload off the empire i built with no shame. HELL NO!

Hank Hank

Kim is obviously mistaken. Her "look-a-like" has very little in common with her. She is actually talented not Kim.

Jessica Jessica

So if someone looks like her, they better not want an acting career because anyone that hires that girl will get sued? Class act.

Ash Ash

The girl has different colored eyes. Last time I checked having long brown hair wasn't trademarked by Kim.

Kari Kari

I'm kind of shocked by these posts---I agree Kim is way too full of herself, they all are, but I think she has a point. Old Navy is trying to make money off her image, without paying for it,

Producer

So the "look alike" is already a star in her own right, a successful singing career, has been around for ages.

Her issue is that Reggie is dating this woman. Kim, seriously, who would want to be mistaken for you? This woman is talented, doesn't get film credits laying on her back, and Kim's a jealous, petty two bit fame whore.

Just because people are drawing a comparison because Reggie is finally happy with someone who puts him first, don't get your tits in a knot. Have a sing off and see who would confuse you for her!

Don't you have wedding plans you can exploit for publicity instead?

Vanessa H

Get over yourself.

Glynn

Can this fat-assed bitch be any more full of herself???
GO AWAY KIM

Lexy

So basically, this girl will never have a job because of the fact that she just happens to look like Kim? She's suing Old Navy because the girl looks like her? Is Kim also going to sue that girl's parents for giving her the genetics/features that she was born with? I probably shouldn't have said that. They are probably drawing up the legal papers now. She will probably win that....I mean, her dad did help get OJ off.....

Criss

I hate her so much

winning duh

Very disappointing. I am a big fan of all the K-Dashs', but just because the hair color is the same and possibly one of the numerous hair styles she has doesn't mean that it’s a copy. This case has no merits and is a waste of time for the judicial system, not to mention tax payer’s money. Just an opinion but if one could sue for a POSSIBLE resemblance, Jennifer Aniston could have sued most advertisers when we are on the band wagon of getting the "Rachel" hair cut.

Dennis Johnson

I do not hate Kim and I do not think that the Old Navy model looks like her at all....in fact the Old Navy model looks younger,a lot better looking in a more natural way.Kim looks like an alien with all that make up etc.

daQueen

WE WANT TOKIO HOTEL!!!!!!!

shocker

Kim Kardashian and that whole klan are worthless. The old navy girl looks like she's wearing about 16 pounds less makeup than that clown kim k. I'm sure her money hungry hoe of a mom was the one to spot this ad, then call kim on it and tell her. These girls are ridiculous and kim's ego is bigger than her ass if she thinks noone is allowed to look like her. 20 million?? she needs to spend 20 million on taking classes to learn to be down to earth and care about other things besides her lips, ass, vagina and oh yeah, the rest of herself. yukkkk to the kardashians.

Jay

So now if you look like Kim K you are not allowed to have a career in television???

Wow what a stuck up b*tch.

andyconda

lindsay lohan has heard the news of this. and is going to sue steve buscemi and iggy pop for being a look alike.

nice going kim getting the ball rolling

Producer

Melissa Molinaro

Here is her Bio: http://melissamolinaro.com/

She competed in *****cat Dolls Present: The Search For the Next Doll"...was she just copying her then too? Really Kim...she was a good hire for the ad. Are you trying to make it hard for her to work so Reggie can support her?

What criteria do you want to put out there so she can continue her successful career?

You are a piece of work. Not in a good way

Tanya

When I first saw the old navy chick I thought she looked like a curvier Nicole S. What a loser Kim must be to think that just because this poor girl has the nerve to have long dark hair she is trying to copy her. Like old navy would even wanna be associated with her! I they wanted her they could have her, the bitch will promote and do anything for a buck

some guy

I think we should gather up all the Kim K look-alikes in the world and just kill them.

That way Kim won't have to worry about any future lawsuits. Amirite?

spellbinderlord

Kim's in trouble, the actor is better looking than her. She looks like a beauty instead of a ad for plastic surgery like the whore.