Arnold To File Revised, More Respectful Divorce Docs

7/23/2011 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned ... Arnold Schwarzenegger will file a revised response to Maria Shriver's divorce petition on Monday ... and this one won't ask the judge to deny her spousal support.

0509-arnold-maria-ex-getty-2

TMZ broke the story ... Arnold filed docs earlier this week that not only sought to deny Maria support ... he also asked the judge to force Maria to pay her own lawyer's fees.  That seemed pretty audacious, considering the reason Maria was driven to divorce was because of Arnold's misdeeds.

But sources connected with Arnold tell TMZ  ... although he signed the divorce docs he never read them, partly because he was dealing with a family medical crisis -- Christopher's boogie boarding accident ... and partly because he relied on his lawyer.

The unanswered question ... Why was Arnold's response filed this week -- when Maria was preoccupied with taking care of her injured son?

We're told Arnold's initial response papers triggered a genuine conflict in the divorce.  Hopefully, the revised papers will make things right.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

sonny

1st

FABIO

Sounds like your an expert on other guy's poops....

val

I never thought the man was sexy or handsome and his voice plain ugh... but Maria married him and he cheated .. now half of all he made is hers plus her inheritance ... wouldn't it be kind of her to accept child support and skip the alimony since it's fairly certain while he's a complete freak as is the housekeeper, it's best to let him off the hook for alimony. Come on... she used to drive after the law was in place on her cell phone so often TMZ showed her doing it days in a row while she parked in the red. Laws were broken by her when he was in office and out...she is no jewel .. and for sure she's not going to go down as a beauty when she looks like her nice mom who was generous but ugly. Just sayin .. I don't like him or the housekeeper or all he did and I don't like her either. I wish the best for this son and all their children and sorry there is another child involved with a s*** bag mother hubbard. Best they remain friends and parents since it's obvious Arnold was at least that. Maria didn't object when he reduced a killer's sentence in half who is a political friend's son and said that's ok . at the last minute .. which should be overturned. Sorry for her son and wish him good health and for the parents and greedy Maria, well, maybe she wasn't such a great wife herself or she wouldn't have lied to us about his assaults on women cause she knew about them all the time.

Superman

Only a dumb bitch would think that someone getting $200 million would need spousal support and payment for her lawyer fees. Adultery doesn't translate into spousal support...it's the money, stupid.

I bet those same female TMZ staffers wouldn't think it's "insulting and cruel" and "audacious" if the roles were reversed. What if she was making more money and she cheated on him? Would they come to his rescue with this BS histrionics, also? I think not. And I really hate the fact that you're making me defend an adulterous lowlife!!! You act as if $200 million is chump change!

Erik

I must be cynical, but to me it's only fair that both persons in a divorce pay their own lawyer fees, regardless who of them ****** up the marriage.

It's not like Maria can't afford the fees to be honest...

Rene

Pay up Arnold ..She didn't work, she played first lady..You were a gross , nasty , disgusting pig.
And you can pay for her lawyers, because if not for you and your ****ty morals, there would be no lawyers..Why in the world should she pay for her lawyers, and why not give her spousal support. She is going to be caring for the kids, and he is going to work and **** the help...

LORI

THESE PEOPLE ARE DISGUSTING!! THE AMOUNT OF MONEY THE TWO OF THEM HAVE AND THEY ARE STILL FIGHTING OVER IT???? WHO IN THE HELL NEEDS THAT AMOUNT OF MONEY?? I HOPE NOTHING BUT UNHAPPINESS FOR BOTH OF THEM!!!
I GUESS THEIR SELFISH BEHAVIOR NOW EXPLAINS WHY THEIR MARRIAGE DISOLVED IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! SICK BASTARDS!!

She's baaaack

I don't get the alimony thing. She's quite wealthy herself so why does she need more? I suppose it's punishment, but I'd be asking that anything that would be considered "alimony" be put in a trust or an account for his children since not only did he screw the maid one way and screw Maria another, he screwed his kids too. For that he should pay.

Mick Kahler

Arnold has the decency and consideration of a wild babboon. And I apologize to wild babboons for my insult to them. Arnold is really just a P.O.S.

user1

Its disgusting how there are so many fights going on over such big amount of money. I know that if I was getting a 200 million bucks from a divorce, I'd be happy and take it.

People struggle everyday to make money- and make $40000 to $60...000 with such difficulty per year.

Yet these rich people are crying wolf over the amount of money they are getting and aren't happy, and just want more and more??? How much money is going to buy you happiness?

Eddie

You have to be kidding. The woman has 100 Million of Kennedy money and will get 200 Million of Arnold money and she wants support???

janet

It doesn't matter how much money she has. Arnie screwed this up big time and it's going to cost him big time.

Don't forget if not for Maria's connections it's very doubtful that Arnie would have gotten where he did in politics.

Kathy

I said that Maria has millions, let her support herself. But, she had a journalist job paying a lot of money that she had to quit when Arnold became Governor because of a conflict of interest. I take it back. She's older now, will never get that job again. He should pay spousal support. Everything that happened to her is his fault.

South Beach

It's not about being able to "afford it" people. They both an "afford" pretty much whatever they want.

It's about splitting up the "proceeds" from an "investment", and it can't be done emotionally. The "can't she be happy with this?" mentality is BS. It's hardball negotiations, but if those involved can remain sane and "fair" it will save a ton of cash that would otherwise go to the lawyers.

His lawyer was testing her to see what he could get away with and got told to pound sand. A new line is drawn and they go from there.

BouncersSuck