joe pesci sues

I GOT FAT AND SCREWED

BY "GOTTI" EXECS

7/27/2011 4:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0727-joe-pesci-ex
Joe Pesci
is suing the producers of  "Gotti: In the Shadow of My Father," claiming his deal was so iron-clad, he gained 30 pounds for his role, only to be told he wasn't wanted anymore.

In the lawsuit, Pesci claims reps from Fiore Films offered him the critical role of Angelo Ruggiero, Gotti's close friend and enforcer. Pesci says he made a deal for $3 million.

But Pesci says after he was lured into making public statements about how happy he was to appear in the movie -- which stars John Travolta as John Gotti, Jr. -- the producers pulled the deal, claiming Pesci breached the deal by trying to back out.

Pesci claims he was offered a lesser role -- playing Anthony "Gaspipe" Casso -- for the lesser fee of $1 mil.

But this is the best part. Pesci's lawyer claims his client relied on the contract by assuming the character of Ruggiero in every respect: "[Pesci] has since ended his very strict and healthy diet, and has so far gained approximately 30 pounds in anticipation of playing Ruggiero, who was well known for his heavy and stocky build."

Pesci is suing for $3 million minimum, as well as punitive damages.

Producers tell us they are unaware of the lawsuit.

Sersi

lol yes please fix comments, it is taking long at least for me to receive the confirm on my email & I did comment twice. Otherwise than that, the page loads faster which is always plus ...

VictoriaGirl

This dude should take whatever role he can get, he's not exactly in high demand. After all he DID just do a snickers commercial.

NobodySpecial

Pesci is suing the Mafia. Shows you how lame the whole Gotti family is now.

CoolPhosphorescentShimmer

I see there is another actress playing Kim Gotti listed on IMDB. Same age range as Lindsay. LL is still listed, but I'd say the announcement of her departure from the project will be coming in 3, 2, 1...

Pino

It seems to me that the producers are just trying to get him into character. Acting is not merely what you see on film you know!

Suppose the lights went out, or that they were shooting a scene in the dark. The flavor, the essence of the character.. Could the audience distinguish?
Maybe that's what they are aiming for.

Areader

I'm confused....he says it wants the role....the say he backed out....what aren't getting here.

Chuck D of Valpo

I think they should make the movie into a musical. Call it "Doing The Teflon Dance" Just a suggestion.

Rogue Warrior

Joe, take these MF'rs to the CLEANERS!!!!!!!!!!!!! If they do the same to Lilo, they can kiss their movie GOODBYE!!!!!!!!!! Gotti roll, too many H8rs to beat down to focus on a singular story!!!!!!!! FYI, H8rs think YOU and your like, AREN'T real people and what's good for you, isn't good for them!!!!!!!! ROCK ON!

pgc1

I am boycotting TMZ. I think Harvey Levin is a closet gay. We have to get these people off tv that are constantly trying to bring that crap into your home. People should boycott every gay show until it disappears

Vinsetta

RW, looks like deadbeat Lohan has already been ****canned. We'll see. So start YELLING like the NUTCASE you are any day here.

wtfdude

Once you go after " them " your pretty well ending your acting career . I guess he knew it was coming any ways and figure why not get a easier paycheck ...

Vinsetta

RW, btw, Joe Pesci doesn't need your legal advice on "take these MF'rs to the CLEANERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I don't think you have the mental capacity to represent yourself contesting a traffic ticket.

Sarcia

This new layout, I don't know Harvey. LOL lots of people don't seem to like it, perhaps they aren't use to it. If you wanted to add a feature, why not add an edit button. What's with the like/dislike feature? People aren't going to do anything but abuse it anyway, changing their sign in names and voting up and down theirs and other people posts. It's useless. Take that out and add the edit feature. This look like x17 website.

john

This new TMZ looks like ****. The titles are screaming at me.

belgradar

oh look its the ugly TMZ update where you cant find anything anymore oh and some new about a wrinkled guy

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments