« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Dodgers Beating Case

KEY WITNESS DIES

BAD SALAD SUSPECTED

8/1/2011 4:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0801-bryan-stow-BN
One of the men who was with Bryan Stow at Dodgers Stadium on the day he was attacked has died ... and officials believe his death can be chalked up to a salad that contained nuts.

Matthew Lee -- Stow's friend who accompanied Bryan to the game on March 31 -- died yesterday. Lee's official cause of death has not been released -- but according to reports, officials believe his death was the result of an allergic reaction triggered by nuts in a salad he had eaten for lunch.

Lee was regarded as an important witness in the case against Stow's alleged attackers -- Louie Sanchez and Marvin Norwood.

According to court documents, prosecutors believe Sanchez punched Lee in the parking lot of Dodgers Stadium before attacking Stow.

Both suspects have yet to enter a plea in the case.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

fifi

This is very sad. Almost unbelievable, really. Deepest condolences to his loved ones. I hope this does not adversely affect the prosecution of those s*** buckets.

Kaytee

Oh my... how very bizarre! :/

Su Su

Let me tell you something, this death is not a coincidence, this person died because of brujeria( santeria) witchcraft. These people have gotten away with other crimes before and have had slap on wrists because they have a loved one who has knowledge of vodoo and/or santeria. Some Latin/Caribbean people practice this and I have seen it with my own eyes. These men are surrounded by evil and very dangerous. They may get off on a " technicality" mark my words.

daftshadow

Should've that guy Lee who's in his thirties at least know that he is allergic to nuts? His death just feels a little fishy.

billy cema

This suspicious death is just too coincidental! Too many people are getting away with murder in our society.
Justice will eventually catch up to those 2 guys; and it won't be pretty!

Anonymous527496

OMG!! What a horrible way to die. RIP.

3Storms

That is so sad to hear. Such a needless tragedy

nick

Very sad, but I have to say if you have an allergy as bad as this guy. He should smell nuts miles away before they enter his mouth...rip

Blackchild1101

WOW! What a twist!

flick555

This just doesn't sound right. I'm not a conspiracy theorist by any means, but I find it very strange that a man that probably has lived his entire life avoiding nuts, isn't going to casually make a mistake like that. I went to school with someone with a nut allergy, and believe me their entire life is lived by extreme caution on everything they eat, and even touch that might have come in contact with nuts. Too strange for me.

Carrie

Unlikely this was an accident. May be gang-related stalking and murder.

dood

Their Final Destination became a reality!!

shelley

Accident or not I feel terrible for the families. It's too much for them when all these guys wanted to do was go enjoy a ballgame. RIP

A.C

I know Matts girlfriend. She is completly devistated by this. Matt was a good guy and loved her and her daughter very much.
This news was crushing to all who know them.

A.C.

I know Matts girlfriend. This is very devistating to all of us. He was a good man. There was no foul play. He leaves behind a lot of people who care about him.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments