Johnny Bananas:

NO "HALF-ASS APE"

IS GONNA STEAL MY IDENTITY

8/2/2011 7:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

080111_bananas_video
MTV reality star Johnny Devenanzio -- aka Johnny Bananas -- tells TMZ ... he's VERY serious about his beef with "Entourage" claiming, "I'll be damned if some half-ass ape is gonna come and steal my identity."

TMZ broke the story ... the former "Real World" star is threatening to sue HBO over the "Johnny's Bananas" storyline on "Entourage" -- claiming he owns the rights to the name, and never gave permission for the show to use it.

Johnny was out at Beso in L.A. last night ... and told us, "It's not like I spilled hot coffee on my vagina and I'm trying to make a buck off of it ... my identity has been stolen man."

He adds, "I've been on television for the last 5 years, acting like a jerk-off, creating this name, making it a household name, and I'll be damned if some half-ass gorilla is gonna come by and steal my thunder."

jack-55d79

Just remembered Joe Bananas was also a character from mid 1980s Judge Dredd comics:

That's on top of the name being used by everyone from gangsters to clowns and appearing in Google archives searches from the turn of the 20th century.

Some lawyers will make some money.

Kris in NYC

OMG dude, get OVER yourself... what an ego!!!!

AntiSocialForum.com

Johnny Douche would be better off trying to sue Massengill

Steph

Okay he's been on TV for 5 years? I have only seen him on the Real World and no where else since. I understand he has his name copy righted Okay then sue for that. But, don't act like you are a house hold name there bro. When I have no clue what house holds use your name regularly!

Matt Scott

First off he does not have a case. Even if he did trademark the name Johnny Banana, the name on Entourage is Johnny's Bananas, which in fact is NOT the name of the ape.

Secondly, this douche talks about it being a free country. If it were a free country HBO could use Johnny Banana and not have this douche breathing down there neck.

No case, just a douche.

Jason

I find it hard to believe he's "tademarked" the name like he says he has. Ive watched the Real World, he doesn't look familiar, and he's spent the past 5 yrs making "Johnny Bananas" a "household name" dude get over yourself, pretty much a douche bag. what a fn loser

Stiletto

First time I heard the name "Johnny Bananas", was in Beverly Hills cop when the wiseguy tries to stiff Eddie Murry for the cigarette truck. The guys says "Whodya think I am? Johnny Bananas!"

Slick

I never heard of this idiot, but if you ever read the whole story about that old lady who got 3rd degree burns, multiple surgeries and extreme pain from the McDonald's coffee that was 200 degrees. Your an idiot Jonhnny B.

123boojie

This guy should watch the do***entatry hot coffee and find out the real story behind the spilled coffee case. He would not use it as a comparison to his great injury. The doc is Eye opening - did anyone know the 80+ year old women had to have skin graphs and at first her grown children were only asking that they fix the problem at that location and cover what medicare would not. The women almost died - she eneded up with only about 15% of teh original court award. The media never really reported that story correctly.

David

A household name? I watch entourage every week and when they started the Johnny's Bananas story line I didn't have a glimmer of memory involving this guy. In fact if TMZ hadn't run this story I bet I could have gone the rest of my life without hearing about him. Thanks guys

Mat

Getting angry over a fictional character playing another fictional character in an EXTREMELY popular HBO show? Wow, if this nobody actually had a name people would recognize him over a secondary fictional character....which isn't the case, so someone throw him in the trash where he belongs.

cindy

He owns the Rights to the name? Somehow, I find that hard to believe. His Identity has been stolen?....Oh, that's an identity really to be proud of. He spent "5 yrs. ACTING like a jerk-off"....uuum, nooo, YOU ARE a JERK-OFF. Johnny.

ro

Household name? baaawwwwaaaahahahahahahahahahahahha. Poor thing thinks he's a celeb.

Diane

I still don't know who this ape wannabe is ??!!!

Diggity

Household name? Who the hell is this dude? haha

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments